Twitter used to be a site where you could post brief, 140-character figments of your thoughts and questions. However, in the last decade, the platform has grown to become a more comprehensive communication hub for photos, video clip and audio clips.
If you’re not aware, Twitter has simplified the process of saving pictures from a post with only a few clicks on their phones. Video, however, are a different story. Even if it is not hard to download a video from Twitter, it might require more steps and will most likely need a third-party app. Want to make this happen right now, see How To Download Twitter Videos On Your Phone Or Computer:
How Can I Download For Twitter Videos On My Mac Or PC?
This website will only work for any clip uploaded directly to Twitter. If the tweet is simply embedding a video from YouTube, for instance, you’ll need a different set of instructions.
- To download a clip from the Twitter desktop site onto your PC, first locate the tweet containing the clip you wish to download and tap that tweet for the specific page to open. You can also tap the date attached to the tweet.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Start Or Join Twitter Spaces in 2022
- Copy the URL in your search bar to your clipboard.
- Head to SaveTweetVid.com, then paste the URL into the text box and tap “Download.”
- Select a download size – the numbers shown will correspond to the download quality of the video. If you are bothered about saving space on your PC, select a smaller download size. If you would prefer a higher-quality video, select the higher resolution.
- Your downloaded video will load onto a new page. To save it to your PC, right-click and choose “Save Video As” from the menu. Be aware that apart from SaveTweetVid, another decent downloading site option is TwitterVideoDownloader.
How Can I Download Twitter videos On My iPhone Or iPad?
On your iOS device, you can download Twitter videos using Apple’s Shortcuts application. Simply note that you must have at least iOS 14 or iPadOS 14 installed for this.
- Head to the App Store and download the Apple Shortcuts app if that is yet to be done.
- As soon as it is installed, head to “Settings,” swipe down and click on “Shortcut Settings.”
- Toggle the switch for “Allow Untrusted Shortcuts” to ON, and you’ll be able to download Shortcuts not made by Apple. If this toggle switch is greyed out for you, simply launch the Shortcuts app and run any shortcut from the gallery, this will solve the problem.
You Might Also Want To Read: How to recover and reactivate Twitter accounts
- After that, access this link to the Twitter Video Downloader shortcut on your device, and click “Get Shortcut” to start the download.
- A new window named “Add Shortcut” will be visible, listing lots of tasks and variables. Unless you are a shortcuts pro, and you wish to modify this one on your own, simply scroll down to the bottom and click “Add Untrusted Shortcut.”
- After that, launch Twitter and locate the tweet that contains the clip you wish to download. Click “Share.” in the bottom-right corner.
- Way down the Share Tweet menu, a list of icons will be visible. Swipe all the way to the right and click the button for “Share via….”
- As soon as the new menu appears, swipe down to the bottom of the list of actions and tap Twitter Video Downloader V2.6. The clip will now be visible in your camera roll.
That is that.