Adding photos to contacts on Android; you can add or assign photos to contacts on your Android phone to make the list of Contacts more colorful, instead of having contacts represented only by their names. Adding photos to contacts is easy on your Android phone.
Another advantage of assigning a photo to the contacts on your Android phone is that the contact photo will appear on the screen every time you call it. This will allow you to immediately recognize who is calling you, without having to read the names.
Add photos to contacts on Android
Follow the steps below to add or assign photos to contacts on your Android phone.
- Tap the contacts application on your Android phone.
- From the contact list, touch the contact to whom you want to add or assign an image.
- On the next screen, touch the Edit button located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- On the Contacts screen, touch the camera icon located next to the contact name.
- Once you touch the camera icon, a pop-up menu will appear which will give you two options to add an image to your contact. You can tap on Picture to select a picture from Gallery or touch Take picture to take a new picture using your Android phone.
- In case you have selected Image, you will be taken to the image gallery. Select an image from the gallery you wish to assign to this contact by tapping on it.
- On the next screen, you can make changes to the image. Tap Done whenever you are satisfied with the changes.
- Next, tap Save to save the contacts with their photos.
Edit or delete photos from Contacts on Android
You can easily edit or delete the photos assigned to contacts on your Android phone and replace them with new ones, in case the photo is old or you don’t want that image to be associated with that particular contact.
- Tap the contacts application on your Android phone
- From the contact list, touch the contact you want to change the image.
- On the next screen, tap the Edit button at the top right of the screen.
- On the contact’s screen, touch the Contact photo located next to the contact’s name.
- In the pop-up menu, you can tap on Image to select another photo from the Gallery or touch Remove to remove the image assigned to this contact on your Android phone.
Note: It is not possible to add photos to contacts if the contacts are saved on the SIM card.