Apple has released the new iOS 12 update and it comes with a tonne of amazing features which will make your iPhone and iPad experience more amazing. One of these features is the new Thesaurus addition to the Look Up section. This feature may not be life changing but it can come in really handy when you need it.
How to Enable and Use the New Thesaurus on iPhone and iPad in iOS 12
In the new iOS 12, you can now add Oxford American Writer’s Thesaurus to the Dictionary section in Look Up. To do this, follow the steps below.
- First off, launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Next up, tap on General and then search for the Dictionary section. A list will appear.
- Next, tap on American English – Oxford American Writer’s Thesaurus option.
It will take a while to download the thesaurus in the background. Once the download is complete, you can proceed to use it. To learn how to use the Thesaurus, continue reading.
How to Use Thesaurus on iOS 12
With the Thesaurus, you can easily look up synonyms of any word. To do this, simply tap and hold on the word till the popup appears.
- Tap on the Look Up option.
- Now, you should see the Look Up screen as a popup.
- If the Thesaurus has any relevant information of the word, it will be displayed in the Thesaurus section.
So what are your thoughts on this new feature? Do you find it helpful? Share your thoughts in the comments below.