Snapchat is a US multimedia messaging application developed by Snap Inc., originally Snapchat Inc. As you already know, one of its main features is that photos and messages are mostly only available for a short time before they disappear.
However, the application has evolved from previously concentrating on person-to-person photo sharing to currently featuring users’ “Stories” of 24 hours of chronological content, plus the “Discover” tab that lets brands reveal ad-supported short-form content.
Snapchat allows users to keep pictures in the “my eyes only” section, which lets them keep pictures in a password-protected space. The platform has also reportedly incorporated restricted use of end-to-end encryption, with plans to expand its use in years to come.
Several social media applications come with dark mode nowadays, letting users change their app’s interface to darker tones rather than bright ones, which can be less complicated on the eyes and sometimes preserve battery life.
For a while, Snapchat was one of the top social media apps without a dark mode; however, since 2020, they’ve been releasing dark mode to more and more iPhone users, and iOS owners have been giving good reviews ever since.
However, one major drawback to this good news is that Android users are still yet to get this amazing feature, even we expect that to happen very soon. So, if you own an iOS device and you love how useful this sounds, see How To Activate Snapchat’s Dark Mode On Your iPhone:
How Can I Enable Snapchat Dark Mode On My iPhone?
- Launch the Snapchat application on your phone and get yourself logged in if you are asked to.
- In the upper-left corner of your display, click on your profile photo.
You Might Also Want To Read: How to use Snapchat on Mac and Windows.
- In the upper-right corner of your profile page, click the “Settings” icon that resembles a gear.
- In “My Account,” under Settings, swipe down until you see an option named “App Appearance.” If “App Appearance” is not listed, this means you are not allowed to use dark mode yet.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Delete Failed Snaps On Snapchat
- Under “App Appearance,” click “Always Dark” to activate Snapchat’s dark mode. You can also select “Match System” to have the app sync with your iPhone’s settings; therefore, if your iPhone changes between light and dark automatically throughout the day, your Snapchat will do the same.
That is that.