Do you want to change App Download Preferences On Android 9 Pie? If Yes then you’re definitely in the right spot. We will get to that but first, let’s take a look at what app download preference is. The Google play store has a lot of setting to better help you manage your apps, both Downloading new ones and Updating older ones. The app download preference is just another addition to that. App download preference makes it possible to choose which Connection you use to download apps and games with on the Google play store.
It has three options – over any network (Cellular, of which data charges may apply), Over Wi-Fi only or ask me every time. Now if you choose over any network then apps and games Download uses your Cellular network which may attract data charges. If you choose Wi-Fi only then it only uses Wi-Fi and if you Choose to ask me every time then you’ll be prompted to choose anytime you want to download an app or game from the Google play store. This is good especially for people like who Download too many apps/games and often forget which Connection we are on. This way, Google play reminds you every time if you set that way. Or if you want to download only when Connected to a Wi-Fi network, you can do that so whenever you’re not connected to a WiFi network, the app or game doesn’t Download.
How To Change App Download Preferences On Android 9 Pie
This process also works on Android 8.1 and 7.1.2 so if you have a device with any of the aforementioned Android version, you can follow the steps below. However, you’ll have to update your Google Play Store before following the steps. If you’re on Android 9 Pie then you would likely not need to update, but just to be sure, you should also Update.
To Update your Google play store app, follow the steps below.
– Open the Google Play Store App.
– Click on the three horizontal line at the top left side to pull out the menu.
– Scroll down in the Left pop out menu and Click On Settings.
– Scroll down to Play Store Version and Tap on it.
– Wait for a few seconds while the app searches for an update. If there is an Update available then it will automatically start updating, if not, it will show you a message stating that your Google Play Store app is up-to-date.
Once you’ve updated your Google Play Store app or your app is already up-to-date, then you can change app download preference. To do that, follow the procedure below.
– Open the Google Play store App again.
– Click on the three horizontal lines at the top left side to pop out a menu.
– Scroll down the pop-out menu in the left bar and Click on Settings.
– You should be able to see the App Download Preferences under General.
– Click on it to bring out the options then Choose one from the available options.
That’s how to change app download preferences on Android 9 Pie as well as Android 8.1 and 7.1.
Got any questions about this topic, don’t know about to go about it or it isn’t working for you? You can drop any issues you’re facing about changing the app preference on your Android device in the comment section Down below and we will see to it.