You can read this page to learn how to enable or disable media visibility for individual and all WhatsApp chats. I’m using an Android phone here. Let’s start.
Change WhatsApp’s Media Visibility Settings
You can enable or disable media visibility as follows:
- Open WhatsApp and tap the three vertical dots on the top right.
- Select Settings > Chats.
- In the chat settings section, you can see “Media visibility” between “Enter is send” and “Font size.”
- Turn that on (to enable it) or off (to disable it) as per your preference.
Change WhatsApp’s Media Visibility for a Single WhatsApp Chat
Here are the steps:
Open a WhatsApp conversation (contact or group) and tap its name at the top.
Select “Media visibility” beneath “Custom notifications.”
You can see this message now: Show newly downloaded media from this chat in your device’s gallery
And these options in the popup:
- Default (Yes or No) – This applies the WhatsApp media visibility state (which you’ll see below) to chat. The Yes or No you see in parentheses is the current state of that setting.
- Yes—Enable media visibility for this WhatsApp chat.
- No—Turn off media visibility for this chat.
Select the one you like and tap OK.
- By default, WhatsApp media visibility is on, resulting in downloaded media showing up in the gallery.
- Try these procedures if all you want to do is conceal WhatsApp photographs from the gallery: On your Android phone, launch the File Explorer application. Select Media > WhatsApp Images after locating and opening the WhatsApp folder. Create a .nomedia file.
Thanks for reading.