Making calls is the most vital function of a phone and it is just frustrating when you receive a call and cannot hear the caller like you should. No one will fault you for being angry at a device you bought with your hard-earned money but is finding it difficult to perform a simple option like that.
Reports have it that the Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 plus also experience the not being able to hear phonecalls from another line problem. This will most likely annoy you especially when it is a very vital call. No one fancies receiving a call and the words that keep coming from your mouth are “Hello….I can’t hear you.”
Below, we will highlight several ways to rectify the problem of not being able to hear calls on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus.
Service providers take over your mind if the problem is a huge one and you believe you cannot find a solution to it but check out the fixes we have listed beneath this.
Check The Samsung Galaxy S9 Or Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Signal Bars
The most likely reason why you are unable to hear calls is due to the reception. Check if it is not good enough or if the connection is weak. This can rectify the hearing problem of your Samsung Galaxy S9 Or Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. Your carrier service play a major role in the quality of your calls.
If you notice there is zero signal on your phone, we advice that you reset the phone and know if the service will start functioning the way it should.
Confirm If There Is An Outage In Your Location
Another potential cause for not hearing phonecalls is that there could be a power outage or service outage in your vicinity. To confirm, lots of service providers have outage maps on their websites. If you find out that it is an outage issue, then your service will behave that way. The fix for this is your patience till service is restored.
How To Rectify Samsung Galaxy S9 Or Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Not Hearing Calls
- Power off your Samsung Galaxy S9. Take out the SIM card for some seconds and then re-insert it. Power on the smartphone and see if service has been restored.
- You might notice debris, dirt, or dust stuck in the phone. This can be behind why it is difficult to hear anything.
- If you connected your device to a Bluetooth device recently, then this can cause the audio malfunction too. Try powering off your Bluetooth device before making a call to confirm if it has been resolved.
Another potential solution to try is by wiping the cache of your Samsung Galaxy S9 Or Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. Get this done by following the steps below:
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S9 Or Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
- Press and hold the Power, Home, and Volume Up buttons at the same time.
- Hold on until the Samsung Galaxy S9 Or Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus vibrates, as this means that Android Recovery Mode is active.
- Scroll through the options with the volume up and down buttons till you highlight the Wipe Cache Partition option.
- Use the power button to select it.
- Hold on for a few minutes till you are done with the process.
- Restart your Samsung Galaxy S9 Or Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by selecting the Reboot System option.