Looking for ways to fund the Payoneer account in Nigeria? If Yes, then you’ve come to the right place as we will be discussing how you can do just that.
Being able to fund Payoneer Account in Nigeria is very simple if you know how to go about it. One of the most popular ways to fund your Payoneer account will be to go to the various sites that use Payoneer as one of their payment options. Register, work and earn money on the sites to be paid into your Payoneer account.
Sites Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer, and a lot of other sites use Payoneer as one of their payment options. But how do I fund my Payoneer account without going to those sites? We are getting there. You see, Payoneer only accepts funds from big companies like the aforementioned ones. Although you can withdraw your Payoneer funds easily to your Nigerian bank account without hassle. But you can not upload funds directly from your Nigerian bank account to Payoneer.
Another option would be to buy from exchangers who have Payoneer funds to sell. You pay them in naira or your local currency and they transfer the equivalent in dollars to your Payoneer Account. This is also good but there is a high chance of you getting scammed of your hard-earned money. This brings me to the last and obviously my best option I’ll recommend you to use in order to fund Payoneer Account in Nigeria.
How To Fund Payoneer Account In Nigeria
Method 1: Receive payments from banks
This method is by far the best for me as it requires no third-party involvement, except your banks who are somewhat more trusted than those exchangers.
● Log In To your Payoneer Account.
● Scroll To Receive Payment and Click On It.
● Click On My US Payment Service Profile.
● This is where you will see the following details:
- Bank Name.
- Account Number.
- Account Type.
● Copy all the details above and take it to your bank. When you get to your bank, tell the teller or anyone working in the bank that you would like to fund your Payoneer Account. Using the details above, they will help you fund your account.
● That is it. Your account has been funded. You can now go ahead and shop online or pay for goods and services using your Payoneer Account Debit card.
After the payment has been processed, it Should take about 10 to 30 minutes for the funds to reflect in your Payoneer Account. Also, make sure you have activated your Payoneer card beforehand.
Some banks in Nigeria may require you to open a domiciliary account for the transaction. If so, then you will have to open a domiciliary account, fund it with naira for dollars and then transfer the dollars to your Payoneer Account from the domiciliary account. (Transaction fees may apply)
Note – Since the Payoneer Account is in dollars, the bank will have to exchange your naira for dollars first before being able to fund your Payoneer Account. Depending on the amount the bank sells it dollars. The amount funded may vary with each bank so make sure you ask for their rate and do your calculations to know how much in dollars will reflect in your account.
Method 2: Receive payments from your employers or buyers
If you are a freelancer or sell things online, you can use Payoneer to receive payments for work done or product sale. You can receive payments from other Payoneer users as well as from companies via Global Payment Service or from Mass Payout Companies. Let’s consider each option more closely.
If you want to receive a payment from other Payoneer users, it is very simple. You just have to provide them with your Payoneer email address and the amount of money they need to pay you. The rest is up to them.
If you want to receive payments through the Global Payment Service from companies in the EU, US, UK and Japan, provide them with your payment details of your account and receive your payments. To find your payment details, go to your account and choose Global Payment Service in the Receive section.
If you want to connect your workplace/marketplace to Payoneer, perform the following steps:
- Go to the website where you earn your living (for example, Fiverr, Upwork, Lazada, etc.).
- Among other payment options, choose Payoneer and start the registration.
- Select the option that says ‘Already have a Payoneer account?’.
- Enter your login details and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Do the same for any other website you might be involved with. Now you can receive payments to your Payoneer account.
Method 3: Request payments from your clients
If you want, you can also request payments from companies and individuals via the Request a Payment function.
Here is what you need to do:
- Log into your Payoneer account by going to login.payoneer.com, fill in your login details and Sign in.
- In the Receive section, select Request a Payment.
- In the Payment Details section, fill in the required information about the amount, its description and due date. You can also attach any necessary files to your request.
- In the Payer Details section, choose who you want to request a payment from.
- If it is an individual, provide their first and last names, e-mail address and country of residence.
- If it is a company, provide the company’s name, website and country, as well as the contact information of the company’s contact (first and last names, e-mail address).
After you have checked the information that you have provided, press Send and wait for your payment to arrive on the due date or earlier.
You can also fill in Payoneer’s application form so that your payments arrive on time and without issues. You will have to state your merchant trading name, line of business and select whether you are an individual or a company.
Method 4: Earn Money from the Payoneer Refer a Friend Program
In addition to earning money by working, you can also earn some cash from inviting your friends to join Payoneer. All you have to do before starting to refer is to follow the below steps.
- Log into your Payoneer account by going to login.payoneer.com, filling in your login details and hitting Sign in.
- In the Activity section, select the option Refer a Friend.
- On the page that appears, you will see a link that you can copy and share with your friends via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or e-mail.
- When your friend follows the link, signs up for Payoneer and receives at least $1000 in total, you both will receive $25 to your accounts in the next three months.
If you want to see your stats, you can find them on the Refer a Friend page. Just click on the See Your Share Stats button, and you will be able to see how many times you have shared your link, how many people have used your referral link to sign up and how many of them have reached the $1000 goal.
This option is beneficial for both you and your friends, so encourage them to sign up for Payoneer in order to get that sweet $25 reward.
You can now head straight to your bank and fund Payoneer Account in Nigeria.
If you have a question about this article or how to go about the whole process, Do not hesitate to drop a comment and we will respond as soon as possible.