TWRP for Mi Note 10 running on Android Pie and Android 10 is now available for download. This step by step guide explains how to download and install TWRP on the Mi Note 10. TWRP recovery for Mi Note 10 is offered by the developer mauronofrio.
Disclaimer: you are the only person who makes changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes you made. So proceed at your own risk!
Information on TWRP for Mi Note 10
- TWRP version- 3.3.1-0
- Supported Android version- Android 9 Pie, Android 10
- Built as System-as-root (SAR)
Where to download TWRP for Mi Note 10?
Below is a list of files or guides needed to download and install TWRP recovery on Mi Note 10. The next section contains a detailed guide that explains when and how to use these files or guides in the process.
- Mi Note 10, USB and Windows cable, or Linux or MAC with ADB and fastboot installed on it.
- TWRP 3.3.1-0 for Mi Note 10
Installation of ADB and Fastboot on Mi Note 10
Below are the download links and guides to install ADB and Fastboot:
How to unlock the Bootloader on Mi Note 10
How to install TWRP on Mi Note 10?
- Enable developer options and USB debugging and proceed with unlocking the bootloader on Mi Note 10
- Download the TWRP recovery for Mi Note 10.
- Re-enable the options for developers and USB debugging. The bootloader unlocking process restores the phone to factory settings. Therefore, it is necessary to re-enable the options for developers and USB debugging. Guide above.
- Connect the phone to the PC via a USB cable, if it is not yet connected.
- On the computer, open a command prompt window (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) and type the following command to restart the phone in quick start or bootloader mode- adb reboot bootloader
- You can also access the quick start or bootloader mode by pressing some specific key combinations.
- If your phone requires permissions such as “Allow USB debugging” then tap OK to proceed.
- If you see no permissions fastboot on Linux or macOS, try starting fastboot as root.
- While the phone is in bootloader mode, run the following command to flash the TWRP- fastboot flash boot twrp-3.3.x-xx.img
- When executing this command, be sure to replace twrp-3.3.x-xx.img with the actual TWRP file name for Mi Note 10
- Wait for the fastboot command to finish installing TWRP on Mi Note 10. Once done, run the following command to restart the phone- fastboot reboot
That’s all. You should have installed TWRP recovery on your Mi Note 10.
What to do after installing TWRP on Mi Note 10:
- You can enable ROOT access on the Mi Note 10
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Mi Note 10
- You can install some mods, magisk modules, etc.