Samsung Galaxy S8 was released in the market as a Premium Android smartphone that can capture excellent quality photos. On DxOMark Website (a website providing image quality ratings) the phone scored an aggregate of 88 Points which guarantees it to be in the same league as some of the best smartphones released that year.
Recently, there are these outstanding features of S8 that people are not aware of, which is that it can record slow-motion videos using the stock camera app. You are aware that these slow-motion videos are a popular form of videos usually uploaded mainly on a social media website.
Before we proceed, let’s first look at one specification of this phone( camera hardware specifications ). Deliberating on the Camera hardware specification will help us understand the S8 limitations.
S8 Camera Hardware Specification
- It has a Dual Pixel 12MP AF
- It exhibits an OIS (Optical Image Stabilization)
- Also an F1.7 Aperture
- The Pixel size is 1.4µm
- The Sensor size is1/2.55″
- It has a FOV- 77
- Max Zoom- 8x (digital)
- It also exhibits a Pro mode
- It makes use of a Panorama
- It has a Slow motion
- Also, exhibit a Hyperlapse
- It makes use of Food mode
- Lastly, it Saves as a RAW file
In terms of the video recording features of the S8, they are listed below.
- 4K video recording at 30 fps
- 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps
- 720p HD video recording at 30 fps
- VDIS (Video Digital Image Stabilization)
- Digital Zoom 8x
- High CRI LED Flash
- Slow Motion video support for 720p at 240 fps
- Hyperlapse video with stabilization
- Continuous Autofocus video
- Face Detection
- Tracking AF
- Take 9-megapixel still photos while recording 4K video
- Playback Zoom
- Video Location tags
Tips On How To Record Slow Motion Videos On Galaxy S8
- The first thing you will do is to open the Stock Camera App.
- After that, swipe to the right from the viewfinder for you to get to the main menu and once this is done, kindly select the slow-motion option.
- Once you are done recording, the file can be accessed through the Gallary App.
Note: S8 records slow motion videos at 240 frames per second at 720p resolution.
When recording the video, please ensure that there is sufficient lighting, and the phone is held steadily so that the video can look great. Once there is insufficient lighting, it will mess up the video totally, as a matter of fact, the video will not look great.