Plex began its journey as a spin-off, and it is actually a closed-source program that rivals Kodi in several ways. Plex was designed to stream all your media over your private home network or to PCs and laptops across the internet around the world.
The truth is that if you are attempting to use Kodi to install add-ons and builds to stream content from all across the globe, Plex might not be of help. Still, if you’ve built a large collection of digital media on your library, you should consider Plex for streaming to your devices, including Amazon Fire Stick.
In summary, Plex is a simple program that allows you to stream your locally-hosted content to any Plex-enabled device. Even if you’ll need to run and manage the server by yourself, it is worth the risk if you are ready to do your part to make it work. See How To Stream Plex On Your Samsung Smart TV:
How Can I Install The Plex On My Samsung Smart TV?
If your Samsung smart TV is from 5 years ago or later and runs Tizen, congratulations because all Tizen-based TVs can run the Plex application, according to Plex’s official support site. On older TVs, Samsung uses its own Smart Hub application for downloading and installing apps, plus a few models actually support Plex using this method. Just check here to be certain that your Smart Hub-enabled TV supports Plex.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Install Or Add An App To Your Samsung Smart TV
To install, just:
- Make sure your TV has an internet connection.
- After that, access the Samsung App Store or Samsung Smart Hub, depending on your model, and sign in if required.
- Choose the recommended applications from the primary screen and search for Plex.
- Choose “Install” within the Plex app screen and allow the application to be installed on the TV.
- Select the Plex app from your app list to open.
- Get yourself logged in to the Plex application using the same credentials used on your Plex Media Server.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Fix Hisense TV That Won’t Turn ON.
After logging in to Plex, the app will begin to populate your media and libraries from the Plex Media Server. I’ll advise you to keep your Plex Media Server switched on and available to use the Plex on Samsung smart TV. As soon as the application is populated, you’ll be able to stream media between your server and TV without any problems.
How To Fix Plex App Opening And Closing Issue On Your Samsung Smart TV?
- Power ON the TV and use the remote.
- Head to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > and then choose “Reset.”
- Confirm the Reset.
You are done.