On January 5, 2016, we gave Updated List of Phones that will be getting the android marshmallow update, and at last Infinix Hot 2 ( X510 aka The Hottest One) out of all Infinix smartphones found its way up since it is an Android One device.
Due to many request on how to upgrade Hot 2 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, we have decided to provide for the need.
Today we will be showing you guys how to upgrade Infinix Hot 2 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow without hassle. It is very easy to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your Infinix Hot 2 phone especially when you have not rooted/flashed the Infinix Hot 2 before and doesn’t require you taking it to computer village neither does it require you going through long steps. It only requires a tap and whoop! It’s rooted in less than a minuet!!!
Why do I need to upgrade my Infinix Hot 2? What’s inside the Infinix Hot 2 Android Marshmallow upgrade?
Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for Infinix Hot 2 comes with new features including:
Better RAM manager
Ability to migrate data to a microSD card
New APIs for contextual assistants, and lots more.
How To Upgrade Infinix Hot 2 (Android One) To Android M (Android 6.0 Marshmallow)
There are 2 ways of upgrading to Android 6.0 on your Infinix Hot 2 phone.
- Auto Upgrade via OTA
- Manual Upgrade via flashing.
Because of the different methods involve, we will be dividing this tutorial into 2 upgrade step – Upgrade Step 1 & Upgrade Step 2
Upgrade Step 1
This method is for those whose Hot 2 is NOT rooted/flashed.
- Go to “Settings”
- Locate “About Device”
- Tap “System Update”
Download the file and update automatically (OTA)
Note – Not all users had gotten it, but will gradually roll out on all hot 2 soon. IF your device is not yet ready for the upgrade and you can’t wait, proceed to the next step below.
Upgrade Step 2
This method is for those whose Hot 2 had been rooted or a new ROM had been flashed on it and those who can’t wait for the normal upgrade.
Warning: Back up your files before starting this process. You should also note that you are doing this at your own risk, TechVaz won’t be held responsible for any brick, damage whatsoever mistakes made during this process of using these upgrade method, everything will go perfectly fine if well followed. Having agreed, you can proceed. So you are warned! Lol am not trying to scare you but take it serious.
- Infinix Hot 2 Stock recovery (download HERE)
- Android One Stock Rom (download HERE)
- SP Flash Tool
- VCom drivers
- First you need to download Android 6.0 HERE. Your Android must be running on Android One Stock Rom (download HERE)
- Once the file is downloaded, Rename it to zip
- Place it in the root of your SD Card (i.e. it shouldn’t be in any folder)
- Switch off the phone
- Boot into Recovery mode by holding the Volume Up + Power Button
- Release power button and tap volume up once you see the “Infinix” Logo
- It will show you a dead Android robot with a red sign
- Press Volume Up or Volume down (device dependent) to get into the stock recovery
- Scroll down with Volume button to “Apply update from SD card”
- Scroll down to the zip and select with the Power Button.
At this point, you need to wait until the installation process is complete so that the device would reboot. This will take some time to reboot. Be patient. When it boots, you will meet a whole new experience. It should work like a charm for you.
Once your device has re-started, you should see Android 6.0 Marshmallow running.
Wanna talk or ask questions about the Upgrading Infinix Hot 2 (Android One) To Android 6.0 Marshmallow? We ♥ Comments, Let’s talk about it in the comment box below…