Certain people who use the Huawei Mate 9 have complained that their phones do not receive text messages from Users who use iPhone. Well, this is not much of a problem as I will be teaching you guys two methods how to solve this in this post.
The method we are going to be talking about is for if your Huawei Mate 9 cannot receive text messages or SMS that were sent from an iPhone. Another problem which you can use this method to solve is when a phone which is not an Apple product such as Blackberry, Windows, Android or Symbian sends you a message as an iMessage to your Huawei Mate 9.
First of all, the main possible cause of this problem is if you have used the iMessage feature on an iPhone and after that, you moved your SIM card to an Huawei Mate 9. If you possibly forgot to deactivate the iMessage feature before you moved the SIM card from your iPhone to the Huawei Mate 9, other people who use Apple phones will still try to reach you via text using the iMessage feature. So, just relax and read on as we teach you guys how to fix this problem of not receiving texts on your Huawei Mate 9 from iPhone users. You will need an iPhone to do this.
How To Fix Huawei Mate 9 Problem Of Not Receiving Messages:
- Fix the SIM card which you were using on your previous iPhone into the iPhone you had removed it from. Make sure the iPhone is connected to the Internet via 3G, LTE or WiFi.
- Go to the phone’s settings.
- Go to Message
- Turn off the iMessage feature.
If you do not have the iPhone which you moved the SIM card to your Huawei Mate 9 from or you cannot disable the iMessage feature, you can go through the second method which involves you going to the Deregister iMessage page and then deactivating the iMessage feature on that page. Simply, follow the second method below.
- Go to the Deregister iMessage page by following this LINK.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you will see a link titled ‘ No Longer Have Your iPhone?’.
- Click on the link.
- Below the link, a field will appear where you are to type in your phone number and enter your region.
- Tap on Send code
- Write the code in the field “Enter confirmation code” and then click on submit.
Now you should be able to receive text messages on your Mate 9 from iPhone users.