The initiative to launch Redmi as an independent brand makes sense, as Xiaomi was overwhelmed with the responsibility of producing cheap devices. Redmi held a product launch event earlier today in China, and the event was mostly about Redmi 7 and Redmi Note 7 pro. The brand also announced the Redmi AirDots, as well as the automatic washing machine Redmi 1A, proving further that its range of products is not limited only to smartphones.
Redmi AirDots the affordable version of the Earpods?
Aimously designed to provide a comfortable feeling for longer periods, the Redmi AirDots are similar to Mi AirDots announced last year – they feature Bluetooth 5.0 for easy connectivity and easy pairing.
The accessory is only about 4.1 grams in weight and comes with a 40mAh battery with up to 4 hours of continuous music playback, but can be up to 12 hours with the 300mAh battery box. The redmi AirDots allow play/pause songs just by tapping them, the Google Virtual Assistant Xia AI Xiaomi can be activated just by tapping the button twice in a couple. When paired, the button can perform some tasks, such as taking pictures with your smartphone.
Priced at 99.9 yuan (€ 13), Redmi AirDots Truly Wireless Bluetooth is expected to go on sale in China on April 9.
Redmi Airdots Specifications
- Connectivity Bluetooth 5.0 with Chipset RTL8763BFR, connects to the phone immediately
- 7.2mm Dynamic Driver Unit
- touch controls for music playback and Google Voice Assistant start (Siri / Google Voice)
- Dimensions Headphones- 26.65 × 16.4 × 21.6 mm; Weight- 4.1 g (each)
- Dimensions Box- 62 × 40 × 27.2mm; Weight- 35.4g
- 40mAh battery in the earphone offer 4 hours of battery life in a single charge, 300mAh battery in the charging case offers 12 hours of backup