Reliance Retail launched the Reliance LYF F1S on Monday to succeed the LYF F1 in the Reliance LYF F1 series of cheap smartphones. The LYF F1S is a bundle of surprise from the company, as it packs a many notable specs at a low price that beats competition in its class.
The Reliance LYF F1S has many of the specifications of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, but it’s substantially cheaper than the 2015 Xiaomi flagship device. It even comes with a 64-bit octa-core Snapdragon 652 processor at a price of Rs. 9599, becoming the cheapest smartphone in India to feature the processor.
Reliance LYF F1S Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Reliance LYF F1S comes with a 5.2-inch IPS display with a Full HD (1920 * 1080) pixel resolution and Corning Concore Glass 3 protection. The phone is just 7.7 millimetres thick and weighs 146 grammes.
The LYF F1S comes with 3GB of RAM and 32GB internal memory which can be expanded up to 128GB via its Hybrid Dual SIM slot (micro+nano/microSD card). Graphics operations on the phone are handled by the popular Adreno 510 GPU.
It packs a 3000mAh battery with fast charging capabilities and supports 4G VoLTE as many other Reliance smartphones do. You can share of its battery juice with other devices using USB OTG via its USB Type-C port.
The Reliance LYF F1S sports a 16MP camera with a dual-tone LED flash at the rear while a 5MP camera also with LED flash is present at the front. The phone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box.
It’s saddening that this phone doesn’t possess a fingerprint sensor which is a deal-breaker for many and something that wouldn’t make me buy the phone if I were to be in India.
Reliance LYF F1S Full Phone Specifications
- 2G – GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz.
- 3G – HSPA+ 850/900/1900/2100 MHz.
- 4G – LTE with VoLTE.
- SIM Type – Hybrid Micro + Nano / microSD Slot.
- OS – Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Design & Display
- Dimensions – 148 * 73.1 * 7.7 mm.
- Weight – 146g.
- Display size – 5.2 inches.
- Display Resolution – 1920 * 1080 pixels (Full HD).
- Display Technology – IPS Capacitive touchscreen.
- Display Protection: Corning Concore Glass 3.
- Build: Metal aluminium design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours – Gold, Silver & Black.
- Processor Name/Technology – 64-bit Snapdragon 652.
- Processor Speed – 1.8GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores – Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor – Adreno 510.
- RAM – 3GB.
- Internal Storage – 32GB.
- External Storage – microSD, up to 128GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity Sensor.
- Rear – 16MP.
- LED Flash – Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording – Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing – 5MP with LED Flash.
- Music Support – AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker – Yes.
- Audio Technology – –
- Video Support – MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio – Yes.
- Bluetooth – v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles – A2DP, LE.
- WiFi – Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS – Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB – USB Type-C.
- USB OTG – Yes.
- NFC – Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack – Yes.
- Battery Capacity – 3000mAh.
- Battery Technology – Li-Po.
- Removable? No.
- Charging – Fast Charge – No.
- Power Management – Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features – 2-year warranty.
- Launch Date – December 26, 2016.
- Availability – December 26, 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: Ajio.com.
- Offline: –
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: ₦64,000.
- Kenya: KSh 14475.
- Ghana: GH₵ 608.
- India: Rs. 9,599.
- China: ¥982.
- USA: $141
- UK: £115.
- Europe: €134.
Availability and Price of Reliance LYF F1S in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Reliance LYF F1S has an official price of Rs. 10099134, but it comes with Reliance’s Rs. 500 JioMoney Cashback, so its final price is Rs. 9,599. It comes in Gold, Silver and Black colours.
The LYF F1S comes with a 2-year warranty and is available for sale on Ajio.com.