How To Set iPhone X To Always Display Notification Previews on Lock Screen
To keep the privacy of iPhone X users more secure, iPhone X hides the previews of notifications on the Lock Screen. To see the notification preview, one has to use Face ID to unlock the phone. Personally, I am okay with this privacy feature because I am not okay with others looking into my notifications and most especially message notification previews. However, if you have no problems with displaying notification previews on your Lock Screen as you have nothing to hide, you may find this feature inconvenient. If that’s the case, you can easily set your iPhone X to display notification previews on the Lock Screen.
The iPhone X runs iOS 11 which lets you customize notifications previews ideally. If you want, you can set the notification previews to display on your Lock Screen or when your iPhone X is unlocked. You can also choose to keep them from showing on the Lock Screen.
How to Show Notification Previews on iPhone X Lock Screen
- First off, open the Settings app on your iPhone X.
- Next up, tap on the Notifications option and then tap on “Show Previews.”
- Next, you will be provided three options.
- Always – This option will set your iPhone X to display notification previews on your Lock Screen always whether the device is unlocked or not.
- When Unlocked – If you choose this option, it will set your iPhone X to display notification previews on the Lock Screen only when the device is unlocked.
- Never – This option will hide notifications previews from your Lock Screen always.
- Here you pick any of the three options depending on what you want. However, you always display notification previews on your lock screen, choose “Always.”
So whenever you go to the Lock Screen of your iPhone X, you will be able to see all the notification previews. However, if you wish to change this in the future and you want to protect your notification previews from others, you can easily do this by following the steps above and when you get to the screen with the three options, you can either choose “Never” or “When Unlocked” depending on what you want.
Customizing the notification previews on the Lock Screen of your iPhone X is as easy as that. So do you have any feedback? Feel free to share it in the comments section below.