It is not easy to learn how to cook, but you can learn how to cook trans-national foods with the iPad apps mentioned below. There are several apps that can teach you how to cook, but we outlined the best six out of those, so you don’t have to spend too much time sifting through them. You can take your time to see which of the apps mentioned will really serve your needs.
Why learn cooking through apps?
- People found the use of apps very important to learn cooking in 2020 during the lockdown.
- There are a wide range of food recipes
- Because of ease of use and the broad range of recipes shared on apps, more people are turning to learn new food recipes each day
- Food recipe apps now enjoy a market size of 22,755,800 potential users
- Apps like Facebook, YouTube, Google, and more platforms are now the go-to source for people who are looking for new recipes
Everything about passion for cooking stems from the fact that when our friends or we cook something delectable to our taste, the satisfaction is much. So, let’s examine the top best five cooking apps for iPad.
Aptito may not be the best for you among the apps listed here, but it is really worth your time to look at the features of this app. It boasts an interactive and robust digital menu on your iPad.
Ditch the paper menu to give your clients or your friends a fine dining experience. This iPad app helps you to view high-resolution images of dishes, and you could do a lot more, like, for example, sending custom feedback and requests directly to the chef.
Features of Aptito
- Create an unlimited number of menus
- Wine/beer list that presents multiple sorting options
- Make dinner/drink pairing recommendations
- Self-ordering digital menus
- Real-time reservation system
- 24-hour technical support
Aptito Price & Compatibility
It is totally free to download, install and use. Check out its compatibility below:
- iPad: Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later
- Mac: Requires macOS 11.0 or later
MasterClass: Learn New Skills
This is the editors’ Choice when it comes to learning how to cook from the big names in the industry. It gives you tips, secrets, and building blocks to greatness. You’re able to learn each day. Enjoy the video lessons that you can embark on at a time convenient for you. There’s no pressure to do more than you can really do at a time.
Features of MasterClass
- Hands-on demonstrations, cinematic visuals with close-ups that make feel like you’re taking the lessons one-on-one with the instructor
- 5-minute or thereabout snapshots introducing you to favorite classes
- All-Access Pass gives you the chance to see every new MasterClass as it launches
- Short Cut gives you access to highlights from an instructor in about 20 minutes
MasterClass Price & Compatibility
It can be downloaded for free, but for those looking to do more, it has various levels of subscriptions:
- Standard – $179.99
- All-Access Pass – $179.99
- Plus – $239.99
- Premium – $274.99
It is compatible with the following devices:
- iPhone: iOS 14.1 or later
- iPad: iPadOS 14.1 or later
- iPod touch: iOS 14.1 or later
- Apple TV: tvOS 14.1 or later
BigOven Recipes & Meal Planner
Unarguably, this is known as a good iPad app for cooking meals because it makes the whole process simple. Find recipe inspirations, plan meals, create grocery lists, reduce food waste, and do more from just one device. Apart from the wide range of useful tools, you will be welcomed to a home cook community that shares the same passion for being in the kitchen, just as you love to do.
Features of BigOven
- Have all your recipes in one place inside the app
- Plan your meals
- Manage grocery list
- Reduce food waste
- Be a part of a home cooking community
BigOven Price & Compatibility
Users can start making use of it for free, but it has in-app purchases. The subscriptions are as follows:
- Pro Membership – $1.99, $19.99
- 12 BigOven Credits – $9.99
- 100 BigOven Credits – $59.99
- 40 BigOven Credits – $29.99
Its compatibility information is as follows:
- iPhone: iOS 13.0 or later
- iPad: iPadOS 13.0 or later
- iPod touch: iOS 13.0 or later
- Mac: macOS 11.0 or later
Little Green Spoon (LGS)
The app has over 200 delicious, quick and easy plant-based recipes, each can fill its unique occasions. So, if you like to grab quick breakfasts or do grab-and-go lunches, speedy one-pot dinners, irresistible desserts, handy snacks, and more. The fantastic thing about the app, which makes people fall in love with is its UI designed in such a way to give simple and easy recipes. It is also an excellent app for those who want to eat more plants.
Features of LGS
- Recipes added every month
- You can save your recipes and find them later in the app
- Generate and save shopping lists from saved recipes
- Estimated cooking time for each recipe
LGS price & compatibility
Little Green Spoon can be downloaded and used for free. However, there are two subscription packages in-app.
- Monthly subscription – $3.49
- Yearly subscription – $36.99
LGS compatibility information is as follows:
- iPhone: iOS 11.0 or later
- iPod touch: iOS 11.0 or later
- Mac: macOS 11.0 or later
Epicurious Recipes & Shopping List (EPI)
This app has been known for many years to be the favorite resource for home cooks around the world.
Features of EPI
- Voice-activated command input so you can engage in hands-free cooking
- Over 30,000 tried and tested recipes
- Variety of categories
- Read ratings, comments, and suggestions made by other users who have tried the recipes
- It contains thousands of professionally taken images
EPI price & compatibility
It is totally free to download and use. No in-app purchases. It is also compatible with the following devices:
- iPhone: iOS 12.1 or later
- iPad: iPadOS 12.1 or later
- iPod touch: iOS 12.1 or later
- Mac: macOS 11.0 or later
All these apps work nicely on iPad. However, some of the things you may want to look at before you pick any of the above apps are the number of recipes available and some of the recipes that may tilt toward vegetarian diets. Also, consider using the ones with many features and are totally free to use. The caution regarding those is that they definitely will serve intrusive ads.