The main reason why people rely on SD cards for GoPro cameras is due to major advancements that have come on the cameras in recent times. The improvements are aimed at capturing the operations of snapping pictures and shooting videos in a seamless manner.
Shooting 4K videos are now more important than shooting conventional 1080p videos. 4K videos have much better resolutions than the latter. Also, capturing many hours of videos mean that a user of GoPro cameras bank on adequate space for storage. The five best SD cards mentioned briefly here will allow anyone to capture high-quality videos anywhere and at any time.
A rundown list of memory card brands that we are looking at are as follows:
Only Samsung is the real household name among these brands. However, SanDisk is playing catchup. These are the five quality memory cards that can allow you to capture high-quality videos from your camera. Let’s start with Samsung.
1. Samsung EVO 64GB Micro SDXC Memory Card
[amazon box=”B00IVPU7AO” template=”horizontal”]
Samsung is the biggest name on the list and many people will choose it first. This memory card is not the most expensive in the world, as you will be able to see in this list but it is an easy and affordable manner to create many moments in your life and keep them safe, stored away in a place of your choice. Saving it on the microSD card really makes sense. It helps you to get the most from your PC, tablet, or smartphone when you make use of a memory card for GoPro cameras.
This SD card is compatible with the devices that come with SDXC slots. The card is a high-performance memory card with a high speed of operation. With it, you can transfer files from your computer faster.
Good features of Samsung EVO 64GB Micro SDXC Memory Card
- The Samsung EVO write and read speeds are faster than most memory cards that are sold today
- It has a good storage of 64GB to save thousands of images and video files
- It is water-resistant, x-ray proof, temperature proof, and magnetic proof
Negative features of Samsung EVO 64GB Micro SDXC Memory Card
- Some users complain that it does not operate as fast as they want
2. SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC UHS-1 Card
[amazon box=”B013CP5IWO” template=”horizontal”]
SanDisk is designed to work with recent Android smartphones, tablets, and cameras. If you capture fast-action pictures and can record the videos in the latest formats like full HD or 4K HD, with the transferring speed of up to 90MB per second, you can copy the files without worrying about anything. Your time will not be wasted.
There are two options to use in this SD card, you either make use of 32GB or 64GB of storage. The two options lend the opportunity to store thousands of photos and videos without worrying about space. If you are an intensive user, be sure to download your files periodically to a PC. Since the SD card comes with solid proof protective technology, you don’t have to be worried about damaging it inside the rain.
Good features of SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC UHS-1 Card
- It is tested and proved reliable for severe conditions. No bad effect can come to it from water, humid temperature, shock, or x-rays
- The user is able to manage the memory of the smartphone, adding both image and video files
- It comes with ample space for storing moments you love
- The lifetime limited warranty really makes sense
Negative features of SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC UHS-1 Card
- Reading speed drops after using it for some time
3. Amplim Micro SD Card, 128GB MicroSD
[amazon box=”B07RSFRBJ5″ template=”horizontal”]
Amplim also has a good memory card that comes with good features. This one ranks well among its peers. It has a capacity of 128GB that users are already rooting for. That means you, as a user, can actually store more photos, videos, and other files than you would on any of the above-mentioned SD cards. Files can be transferred on a laptop with a speed of 100MB per second. It makes using GoPro cameras a lot easier. It is not time-wasting and has no hassles at all as you make use of the SD card whether with your GoPro camera, or your smartphone. Another good aspect of it is that it is also durable and can withstand rainwater.
Positive features of Amplim Micro SD Card, 128GB MicroSD
- The 128GB storage capacity is a strong attraction for many buyers
- The speed of 100MB means it doesn’t waste your time when you transfer files
- It is very cheap
- There’s a reader for use with the other devices
Negative features of Amplim Micro SD Card, 128GB MicroSD
- It takes too much space (11GB) by default, reducing the available storage space to 117GB
4. Lexar Professional 1000x 128GB microSDXC UHS-II Card
[amazon box=”B00U77V5KU” template=”horizontal”]
Lexar, although not as popular as Samsung, has a track record of making SD cards. The company has a good reputation around the world. Its 128GB microSDXC memory card is easy for anyone to use, whether a newbie photographer or just some layman photographer, checking things out. Both the ample storage space and the fast speed of operation are two main reasons why people love this memory card. For Go Pro camera users, they can relish the 150MB per second read speed this product offers. It could be pricey but it is indeed worth it. In some quarters, this is known as the best memory solution for smartphones, tablets, and sports camcorders.
Positive features of Lexar Professional 1000x 128GB microSDXC UHS-II Card
- The read speed of 150MB is an instant attraction for many would-be buyers
- It comes with an adapter that makes connecting the SD card to other devices a lot easier
- You can get a lifetime copy of downloadable image rescue software
Negative features of Lexar Professional 1000x 128GB microSDXC UHS-II Card
- It’s pricey for some buyers
- When using with the adapter, there’s a drop in write speed
5. 32GB SanDisk MicroSD XC MicroSDHC Class
[amazon box=”B00F67HXPC” template=”horizontal”]
This is another product from a reputable brand known worldwide for introducing high-quality materials and products that end-users love. The 32GB memory card works nicely for not just GoPro cameras, but also other devices. The storage space may not be what is ideal for you because it is limited. However, one reason why buyers love this memory card is that its use has been etched in the minds of many.
Good features of 32GB SanDisk MicroSD XC MicroSDHC Class
- It is cheap
- It comes with a 1-year warranty
A negative feature of 32GB SanDisk MicroSD XC MicroSDHC Class
- The transferring speed is low at 30MB per second
Other Best SD Cards for GoPro Cameras
[amazon box=”B07FCMKK5X,B07LBJC2D9,B07LBSBX5L,B087GDDGY9,B0897BBCYP,B08JHG8PTJ,B09MWBZWSR,B09MWCJ1P2,B09PYQV7R7″ template=”list”]
It is surprising that some users may still opt for the 32GB SanDisk microSD card. Probably, they don’t have a problem with the slow write speed, and they love the one-year warranty on it. Most impressive to some is the price. However, for power users, movie makers, people who are to be engaged in using their GoPro cameras for professional events, other memory cards in this review will do a better job.