The ZTE Grand X series is relatively unknown to many, and unless you’re using the services of US network carriers like Cricket Wireless and AT&T, you might never have used one of the smartphones in this series. A new smartphone, the ZTE Grand X 4 has been launched to succeed the ZTE Grand X 3 which was launched in January.
The ZTE Grand X 4 is a mid-range smartphone with decent specs and a modest price tag. Like the Grand X 3, the ZTE Grand X 4 is built to look like a high-end smartphone and it looks more premium than it costs.
ZTE Grand X 4 Specifications, Review and Highlights
The ZTE Grand X 4 comes with a 5.5-inch IPS touchscreen display with an HD (1280 * 720) pixel resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. It is powered underneath by a 1.4GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 425 processor which is an improvement upon the SD210 processor found in its predecessor, the Grand X 3.
The phone comes with 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage capacity which can be expanded with a microSD card. It sports a 13MP camera with LED flash at the rear and a 5MP selfie shooter up front. Beneath the rear flash is a fingerprint sensor for biometric unlocking and locking of the phone.
The battery has been upgraded from 3080mAh to 3140mAh on the Grand X 4, with the added advantage of Qualcomm Quick Charge tech for fast charging. Unlike the Grand X 3 which boots Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, the ZTE Grand X 4 runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box.
ZTE Grand X 4 Full Phone Specifications
- 2G – GSM.
- 3G – HSPA+.
- 4G – No.
- SIM Type – Dual SIM (Micro SIM, dual standby).
- OS – Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- Dimensions – –
- Weight – –
- Display – 5.5-inch, 1280 * 720 pixels HD (267 PPI), IPS Capacitive touchscreen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- Build: Metal aluminium design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours – Black.
- Processor Name/Technology – 64-bit Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425.
- Processor Speed – 1.4 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores – Quad-core Cortex A53.
- Graphics Processor – Adreno 308.
- RAM – 2 GB.
- Internal Storage – 16 GB.
- External Storage – microSD, up to 64 GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Rear – 13 MP, Autofocus.
- LED Flash – Yes.
- Video recording – Yes, 1080p, Video calling, Video sharing.
- Front-facing – 5 MP.
- Music Support – AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker – Yes.
- Audio Technology – –
- Video Support – MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio – Yes.
- Bluetooth – v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles – –
- WiFi – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS – Yes, GPS + A-GPS.
- USB – USB Type-C (reversible).
- USB OTG – Yes.
- NFC – No.
- 3.5mm audio jack – Yes.
- Battery – Li-Ion 3140 mAh.
- Charging – Fast Charge – Qualcomm Quick Charge.
- Power Management – Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features – Haptic feedback, voice dialling, voice commands, voice recording.
- Launch Date – November 16, 2016.
- Availability – November 18, 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: Cricket.com
- Offline: Cricket offline stores.
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: N55000.
- Kenya: KES 13245.
- Ghana: GHS 516.
- India: Rs. 8869.
- China:895 Chinese Yuan.
- USA: $129.99
- UK:105 British Pounds.
- Europe:123 Euro.
ZTE Grand X 4 Availability and Price Details in U.S., Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The ZTE Grand X 4 comes in black colour and would be available for sale on AT&T-owned Cricket brand stores both offline and online for $129.99 from the 18th of November.