The Motorola Moto M has been in the news for a while now, thanks to a TENAA certification and a couple of specs and photo leaks. The launch date of the smartphone (in China) is even known, revealed to be November 8 by a Weibo user. Now, press images of the Moto M have been released and as usual, they give us more information about the smartphone.
UPDATE: The Motorola Moto M has been officially announced on the 8th of November in China, and will be available for sale from the 11th of November
Motorola Moto M Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Motorola Moto M sports a 5.5-inch display with a Full HD (1920 * 1080) pixel resolution. The smartphone sports a metal unibody design with a curved back and possesses water repellent nano coating which is a feature common to Moto smartphones.
The Moto M is powered by a 2.2GHz octa-core Helio P15 processor and a Mali T860 GPU. It comes with 4GB of RAM and 32GB / 64GB internal memory variants, both of which can be expanded with an external SD card.
It has a 16MP camera with dual-tone LED flash and PDAF at the rear, while an 8MP camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens handles photography at the front. The smartphone packs a 3050mAh battery which comes with Turbo fast-charging feature.
The Motorola Moto M comes with a Dual Nano SIM slot and supports 4G with VoLTE. It uses the Dolby Atmos 360-degree audio technology and features a fingerprint scanner beneath the rear camera module. In terms of software, the Moto M runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box.
Motorola Moto M Full Phone Specifications
- 2G – GSM.
- 3G – HSPA .
- 4G – LTE with VoLTE.
- SIM Type – Dual SIM (Nano SIM, dual standby).
- OS – Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
- Dimensions – 151.35 * 75.35 * 7.85 mm (5.94 * 2.95 * 0.31 inches).
- Weight – –
- Display – 5.5-inch, 1920 * 1080 pixels Full HD (401 PPI), IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Metal Unibody with a curved back, water repellent Nano coating.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours – Gold & Silver.
- Processor Name/Technology – MediaTek Helio P15.
- Processor Speed – 2.2GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores – Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor – Mali T860 MP2.
- RAM – 4 GB.
- Internal Storage – 32 / 64 GB.
- External Storage – microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyroscope, Compass.
- Rear – 16 MP, PDAF, Dual-tone LED flash.
- Video recording – Yes, 1080p@30fps.
- Front-facing – 8 MP, 85-degree wide-angle lens.
- Music Support – MP3/AAC+/WAV/Flac player.
- Loudspeaker – Yes.
- Audio Technology – Dolby Atmos 360-degree audio.
- Video Support – MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio – –.
- Bluetooth – v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles – A2DP, LE.
- WiFi – Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS – Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS.
- USB – microUSB v2.0.
- USB OTG – No.
- NFC – -.
- 3.5mm audio jack – Yes.
- Battery – Non-removable Li-Ion 3050 mAh.
- Charging – Fast Charge – Yes, Turbo charging.
- Power Management – Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features – –
- Launch Date – November 8, 2016.
- Availability – November 11, 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms – TBA
- Online: Lenovo.com, Jd.com, Tmall.
- Offline: Tmall.
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: N125000.
- Kenya: KES 30095.
- Ghana: GHS 1172.
- India: Rs. 19630.
- China: 1999 Yuan
- USA: $294
- UK: GBP 236.17
- Europe: 256.48
Motorola Moto M Availability and Price Details in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Motorola Moto M comes in Gold and Silver colours, and though it will be available for order on the official Lenovo site, JD.com, Tmall and other online retail stores from the 9th of November, it would officially go on sale in China from the 11th of November. The Motorola Moto M costs 1999 Yuan in China.