The Sirin Solarin is apparently one of the most expensive ‘Privacy-Focused’ Android smartphones in 2016 from Sirin Labs. Sirin Labs is a new company making its debut in London today that stakes its future on very wealthy people believing their privacy and security to be priceless.
Privacy has been latest topic of concern in the smartphone world lately and we have seen different brands trying to leverage this threat.
However, Silent Circle was one of the companies that launched its privacy-focused Blackphone, though that was limited to North America. Now, a new company dubbed Sirin Labs is getting into privacy-focused category of devices and has launched its first Solarin smartphone targeted at premium segment.
Talking about secure smartphones, the Sirin Solarin does not only come with high security but also features all fantastic high-end specifications every user’s dream of in their smartphone.
The Sirin Solarin retains the standard 5.5 inch screen size with display resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels (441 PPI), a 64-bit Deca-Core 2.6 GHz Cortex A72 Snapdragon 810 processor is found under its hood .
The Sirin Solarin RAM size stands at 4GB – a reduction from the 6GB RAM of the Gionee M2017, while internal memory is 128GB with no space for expandable microSD card.
Other specs & features of the Sirin Solarin include an a mighty 23.8 Megapixel with laser autofocus, OIS, four-tone LED flash rear camera, an 8 Megapixel front camera, a Non-removable 4040 mAh battery, 4G LTE and Dual SIM supports.
FULL SIRIN SOLARIN SPECIFICATIONS
- GSM – GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G – HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G – LTE Cat 9 rel. 11 with 450 Mbps DL and 50 Mbps UL
- SIM Type – Hot-swappable Nano SIM
- OS – Android 5.1.1
- Dimensions – 159.8 × 78 × 11.1 mm
- Weight – 250g
- Display – 5.5 inches, 2560 x 1440 pixels (441 PPI) IPS display with PFS LED backlight
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Barometer, Light, Compass
- Colours – White, Black
- Processor Type – 64-bit Deca-Core 2.6 GHz Cortex A72
- Processor Name – Snapdragon 810
- Graphics Processor – Adren0 430
- RAM – 4 GB
- Internal Storage – 128 GB
- External Storage – None
- Rear – 23.8 MP, laser autofocus, OIS, four-tone LED flash
- Video recording – Yes, 1080p
- Front-facing – 8 MP
- Music Support – mp3, aac, aac+, eaac+, amr
- Loudspeaker – Dual
- Video Support – mpeg4, h.263, h.264
- FM Radio – Yes
- Bluetooth – v4.1
- WiFi – Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- GPS – Yes
- USB – USB Type-C
- Charging – Quick charge
- Battery – Non-removable 4040 mAh
- Announcement – May, 2016
- Availability – June, 2016
- Launch Price – $13,688