All Samsung Galaxy S22 models can now get the official version of Android 13 on their phones. We explain how to install it right away on the Galaxy S22 Ultra (SM-S908B) with a detailed guide and easy-to-download firmware.
With an announcement made a few days ago, Samsung has released the stable One UI 5.0 update based on Android 13 for the Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 +, Galaxy S22 Ultra, as well as the foldable Galaxy Z Fold4 and Galaxy Z Flip4. As usual, Samsung is quick to put the newest version of Android on its best phones and tablets.
In particular, the stable One UI 5.0 update based on Android 13 is currently being distributed to the Galaxy S22 range.
The new updates include the October 2022 security patch and the new Samsung custom graphics, along with all the information about Android 13. They come with the BVJ4 firmware version.
With the new graphic customization, which works well with the new Google customizations, you can completely customize the Galaxy S22 Ultra. This includes full privacy management, permission management, and other features, as well as a lot of customization options with bright colors and a lot of depth.
If you are a Galaxy S22 series smartphone user, you can check for the new update by going to Settings -> Software Update and tapping Download and Install. If you don’t want to wait for the OTA update, you can also download the latest firmware file for your device by reading our article.
You can get the firmware file from the links below and manually install it on your Galaxy S22 Ultra using ODIN and the instructions that are always in our article. Don’t forget to back up your data before flashing the new firmware, which does not erase anything, but it is always better to do so.
How to install official Android 13 on Galaxy S22 Ultra in preview [Firmware download and guide]
- Samsung smartphone or tablet
- You have installed Samsung SmartSwitch or your Samsung device Drivers so that your PC correctly recognizes the Smartphone
Step-by-Step Guide to Flash Samsung Device with ODIN
- Download the necessary files
- Make sure you have installed SmartSwitch or at least the Drivers of your Samsung smartphone or tablet so that your PC correctly recognizes it
- Now turn off your Samsung smartphone or tablet
- Put it in Download Mode (Press Volume Down + Home Button + Power at the same time or find on the internet the buttons and the procedure to follow according to your device)
- Confirm with Continue (Volume Up)
- Download, Unzip ODIN, and open it
- Connect your Samsung smartphone or tablet to the PC via a USB
- Start ODIN and wait for your Samsung smartphone or tablet to be recognized (COM will appear in Yellow)
- Put the ROM files in:
- AP (MD5) ( Bootloader -> BL, PDA -> AP , PHONE -> CP, CSC -> CSC or HOME_CSC ) after unzipping the ZIP file you will have a file with MD5 extension.
- If you have only one .TAR or .MD5 file, you have to put it on AP.
- Make sure that re-partition is NOT flagged
- Click on Start and wait for the RESTART of your Samsung smartphone or tablet
- When finished, you have updated the firmware of your Samsung smartphone or tablet.
- If you run into reboot or crash problems, I suggest you do all the wipes (wipe/factory reset) or repeat the flash procedure.
If you have any doubts or questions, comment on this article for assistance.