Samsung should start next year with the announcement of its new flagships. According to Evan Blass, on Venture Beat website, the Korean manufacturer will announce – at least partially – the Galaxy S9 and S9 + smartphones during CES 2018, which will be held in January in Las Vegas.
In recent times, Galaxy S devices are not usually revealed until March. This time, Samsung can break the tradition of previous years. However, as already announced by Blass himself in his Twitter account, the S9 and S9 + phones should not bring as much news compared to the predecessors, unlike what happened with the current Galaxy S8 and S8 +.
So far, Korea’s next flagships are codenamed Star 1 and Star 2, with the SM-G960 and SM-G965, respectively. In appearance, they should be similar to previous versions with 5.8 and 6.2 inches of Super AMOLED curved screen.
It has not yet been announced which processor will come equipped, but the expectation is due to a chipset with 10nm manufacturing, such as Qualcomm Snapdragon 845. The trend is that both devices have 64 GB of internal storage, and the larger model comes with 6 GB of RAM. The headphone jack should be 3.5 mm.
Samsung Galaxy S9 – possible technical specifications
- Screen in the same pattern 18.5 – 9
- 6 GB RAM
- From 64 GB of memory to internal storage
- AKG Headphones
- Biometric reader with new position, now centralized
- Enhanced Facial and Iris Reader
- BBAR Anti-Reflection Lens Cameras
- Slow motion video recording with more frames per second
- Samsung Exynos 9810 or Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Chipset
- Integrated artificial intelligence