Vivo Electronics Corporation has released the Vivo V5 in India and is set to release another smartphone, the Vivo V5 Plus which is an upgrade to the Vivo V5. By the time you check out the features of the Vivo V5, then you will be eager to get a glimpse of what the Vivo V5 Plus has to offer.
Without mincing words, I’d like to tell you that, like its name Plus, the Vivo V5 Plus adds additional features to what is obtainable in the Vivo V5. Some features worthy of note which basically differentiates it from the Vivo V5 include; the speed of the processor, larger display resolution and battery capacity.
Vivo V5 Plus Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Vivo V5 Plus comes with a 5.5-inch HD (1920 * 1080 pixels) AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen display and it is powered by a 1.8GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 652 processor, a more powerful processor than that of the Vivo V5. The Vivo V5 Plus runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow concurrently with the Company’s Funtouch OS 2.0.
The smartphone packs 4GB of RAM and 32GB of storage which is expandable using microSD card of up to 128GB. Just like the Vivo V5, it also sports a 20MP front-facing camera which comes with Moonlight flash and f/2.2 aperture. At the rear, the smartphone packs a 13MP phase detection autofocus (PDAF) camera.
The Vivo V5 Plus supports dual-SIM and also comes with standard connectivity options including GSM, HSPA and 4G LTE. The Vivo V5 Plus packs a 3300mAh non-removable battery, measures 153.8 * 75.5 * 7.5 mm and weighs 156 grammes.
Vivo V5 Plus Full Phone Specifications
- 2G – GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G – HSPA+ 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz HSDPA, Speed – 21 Mbps (HSDPA), 5.76 Mbps (HSUPA).
- 4G – LTE 800 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100 / 2600 MHz LTE, Speed – 150 Mbps (Downlink), 50 Mbps (Uplink).
- SIM Type – Hybrid Dual SIM (Micro + Nano / microSD card) slot.
- OS – Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Funtouch OS 2.6.
- Dimensions – 153.8 * 75.5 * 7.5mm.
- Weight – 156 g (5.49 oz).
- Display – 5.5-inch, 1080 * 1920 pixels (401 PPI), IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Unibody Metal Design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours – Crown Gold & Space Grey.
- Processor Name/Technology – 64-bit Mediatek Snapdragon 652 Processor.
- Processor Speed – 1.8 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores – Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor – Adreno 510.
- RAM – 4 GB.
- Internal Storage – 32 GB.
- External Storage – microSD, up to 128 GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, 0.2-second fast Fingerprint Sensor.
- Rear – 13 MP, Phase detection Autofocus (PDAF).
- LED Flash – Yes.
- Video recording – Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing – 20 MP with Moonlight Flash, f/2.2 aperture.
- Music Support – AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker – Yes.
- Audio Technology – AK4376 Hi-Fi audio chip, signal-to-noise ratio of up to 115dB.
- Video Support – MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth – v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles – A2DP, LE.
- WiFi – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS – Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB – USB Type-C.
- USB OTG – Yes.
- NFC – –
- 3.5mm audio jack – Yes.
- Battery – Non-removable Li-Ion 3,300 mAh.
- Charging – –
- Power Management – Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features – Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR, Moonlight Glow.
- Launch Date – TBA.
- Availability – TBA.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online – –
- Offline – –
- Launch Price
Vivo V5 Plus Availability and Price Details in India, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
We understand that the Vivo V5 will go on pre-order from the 15th to 26th of November, and though it is not yet clear when the Vivo V5 Plus smartphone will be released, we’re sure it will eventually be released as confirmed by Kent Cheng, the CEO of Vivo India. It is expected that the Vivo V5 Plus will be slightly more expensive than the Vivo V5.