GApps for Android 10 are necessary as none of the custom ROMs based on Android 10 will have these apps included for copyright reasons. This article lists the download of Android 10 GApps designed for custom Android 10 based ROMs such as- AOSP Android 10, LineageOS 17 etc. These Android 10 GApps are available in a zip file package that can be installed via TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
As of Android 10, the root filesystem is a resident part of the system image. Unlike Android Pie in which the system configuration as root, BOARD_BUILD_SYSTEM_ROOT_IMAGE is set to true which requires the build to merge the system and the root filesystem. On Android 10 this happens implicitly without this configuration parameter.
Since most or part of the GApps package enters the system, the GApps update script must be written with the system in mind as root. Below are the GApps added in the download section that are compatible with the system as root and compatible with Android 10.
Where to download GApps for Android 10?
OpenGApps is the most popular GApp provider among others, available with many GApp variants such as- Super GApp, Stock GApp, Full GApp, Mini GApp, Micro GApp, Nano GApp, Pico GApp, Aroma GApp. These different types of GApp are different based on the availability of Google Apps within the package, which is also directly related to the size of the GApps package.
Some other variants of the GApps packages are also available including OpenGApps, BiTGApps, MindTheGApps. Below are all the available Android 10 apps classified by architecture types.
Android 10 GApps for ARM64:
OpenGApps for Android 10 ARM64:
Here are the “OpenGApps available for Android 10” running on ARM64 architecture:
- OPENSOPP PICO FOR ANDROID 10 ARM64
- NANO OPENGAPPS FOR ANDROID 10 ARM64
- MICRO OPENGAPPS FOR ANDROID 10 ARM64
- MINI OPENGAPPS FOR ANDROID 10 ARM64
- FULL OPENGAPPS FOR ANDROID 10 ARM64
- STOCK OPENGAPPS FOR ANDROID 10 ARM64
- SUPER OPENGAPPS FOR ANDROID 10 ARM64
- AROMA OPENGAPPS FOR ANDROID 10 ARM64
BiTGApps for Android 10 ARM64:
Here are the “BiTGApps for Android 10” running on ARM64 architecture:
Android 10 GApps for ARM32:
The following are the GApps available for Android 10 running on ARM32 architecture:
OpenGApps for Android 10 ARM32:
- PICO OPENGAPPS FOR ANDROID 10 ARM32
- NANO OPENGAPPS FOR ANDROID 10 ARM32
- MICRO OPENGAPPS FOR ANDROID 10 ARM32
- MINI OPENGAPPS FOR ANDROID 10 ARM32 OPENGAPPS
- COMPLETE FOR ANDROID 10 ARM32
- STOCK OPENGAPPS FOR ANDROID 10 ARM32
- SUPER OPENGAPPS FOR ANDROID 10 ARM32
- AROMA OPENGAPPS FOR ANDROID 10 ARM32
How to install GApps on Android 10 custom ROM?
All Gapps for Android 10 are built in a zip file format designed to be installed via TWRP recovery or any custom recovery. These GApps are for Android 10-based custom ROMs only. Installing these GApps on any other custom ROM for Android may cause the eternal reboot. Here is a step-by-step guide for installing GApps on Android 10:
- Download and copy the Android 10 GApps zip file to your phone.
- Reboot the phone into mode TWRP recovery. Depending on the phone, the combination of push buttons changes which in general is Power + Volume down.
- Select Install from the TWRP main screen, then go to the directory where the Android 10 GApps zip file was kept and then select the GApps zip file scroll up Swipe to Confirm Flash at the bottom of the TWRP to install GApps.
- Wait for TWRP to install Google Apps (GApps).
- Once the installation is complete, restart your phone, set up your Google, and ENJOY account.