The Safari browser built into your iPhone functions like any web browser on a PC – It is only lighter with lesser features. One vital feature that Safari retains from its computer version is being able to save bookmarks, so you can seamlessly return to a favorite website with one or click or two. If you have collected bookmarks that you wish to get rid of, that can be done as well. Let’s get right into it:
How Can I Delete Or Edit Bookmarks On An iPhone?
- Launch the Safari application.
- Click the Bookmark button way down on the screen, which resembles an open book.
- On the Bookmarks page, a list of all the saved bookmarks on the first tab will be visible (be certain that the Bookmark tab is selected at the top of the screen). If you have organized some of your bookmarks into folders, the difference between bookmarks and folders will be seen.
- If you wish to delete a bookmark that is within a folder, click the folder to view its contents, then click “Edit.” Or, just click “Edit.”
As soon as the Bookmarks page enters edit mode, you will be shown a few options available:
You Might Also Want To Read- How To Open An Apple News Post In Safari?
- To delete a bookmark, click “Delete” on the left side of the screen and then click it again for confirmation.
- If you wish to rearrange the order of the bookmarks in the list, drag items up and down using the drag handles (the 3 horizontal lines) on the right side of the display.
- If you wish to rename a bookmark or change the URL, click the item and then edit the text on the Edit Bookmark page. Click “All” when you are through to head back to the previous page.
- To create a folder to store bookmarks, click “New Folder” at the bottom of the display.