Amazon Fire Stick can only be configured for the official Amazon app store. In other words, Fire Stick users can’t use any of the apps from the Google Play Store. Discord is one of the apps on the official Google app store. Does this mean that Fire Stick users have to say goodbye to Discord and other apps from the Google Play Store? Not at all. This article will show you a side path that should allow you to download Discord to your Amazon Fire Stick device.
DISCORD INSTALLATION ON AMAZON FIRE STICK
A few tweaks here and there and the most popular Google Play Store apps will be available on the Amazon Fire Stick, despite the limitations.
However, please note that we will never use the real Google Play Store in this tutorial. Downloading the real Google Play Store is a complicated process as you will need to root your Amazon Fire Stick device. Therefore, we will use alternative app stores that mimic the Google Play Store.
DOWNLOAD OF ALTERNATIVE APP STORE – YALP
YALP is one of the best alternatives offering thousands of Google Play Store apps. So, the first step is to download this app. Since it cannot be downloaded immediately, you need to adjust some settings first.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the Amazon Fire Stick settings.
- Use your controller to find the My Fire TV option and select it.
- Select Developer Options from the My Fire TV options menu.
- Enable ADB Debugging.
- Enable apps from unknown sources. This will allow the Fire Stick device to download apps from third party websites. While this is not recommended, the websites we will mention in this article are completely trustworthy.
After changing these settings, go to the home screen and select the Apps tab. Go to Categories and select Productivity.
You should now be looking for the Downloader app. Once found, press the middle circular button on the Amazon Fire Stick controller to download it.
The Downloader app will be very useful to you as it allows you to download certain apps directly. Open the Downloader app after installation is complete.
We will use Downloader to download another app called FileLinked. The FileLinked app is used to store several APKs. One of them is the YALP app store.
To download FileLinked, type the following URL and click GO- https://get.filelinked.com.
After doing that, Downloader will automatically download and install the FileLinked app.
Open FileLinked and search for the YALP app store. Click the download button located on the right side of the screen and wait for the installation of the YALP app store.
USING YALP STORE TO DOWNLOAD DISCORD
Now that you’re ready, let’s move on to the main part of this article. Here’s how you can use the YALP app store to download Discord and other Google Play Store apps.
- Open the YALP app store. Once you open this app, you will be able to see all the apps you have installed on your Amazon Fire Stick device.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the upper left of the screen. This will open another menu.
- Select Settings
- Scroll to the bottom and select the “Pretend to be a different device” option. This will allow the Amazon Fire Stick to literally disguise itself as another device. This is necessary because the Google Play Store does not support Fire Stick. Even if you won’t be using the Google Play Store directly, you need to change these settings.
- Select the device on which you want the Fire Stick to appear.
- Go back to the YALP home screen and select the three horizontal lines again.
- This time, select Categories. You will notice that all displayed categories are exactly the same as in the Google Play Store.
- Select the appropriate category and search for the app you want. To do this, you need to select Communication and search for Discord.
- Finally, download Discord and wait until installation on Amazon Fire Stick.
USE DISCORD ONLINE
A big downside to downloading apps via alternative app stores is that they may not always be available. For example, Discord may be available in YALP’s app library one day, but may be removed the next day. Initially, some Google Play Store apps were never included in YALP’s app collection.
If you want to avoid this risk and continue using Discord on Amazon Fire Stick, it might be best to use Discord online.
All you have to do is visit this website, log in and voila. Of course, you won’t be able to use all the features present in the Discord app, but those offered online may be enough.
ENJOY DOWNLOADING THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE APPS ON AMAZON FIRE STICK
The things mentioned in this tutorial could be a lot to handle if you’ve never changed your Fire Stick settings. However, all the steps are quite simple, so take your time and practice every part of the process to ensure the success of the process.
Were you able to download Discord using our tutorial? Are there any other apps you’ve downloaded? Let us know in the comments below.