From time to time, Apple updates its products, including your Apple TV. These updates happen to boost its functionality and rectify security problems in these devices, making it necessary for all users that wish to use the products for a long time.
Simply put, all Apple TV owners should always update their devices regularly to avoid issues. Users can manually check for and download updates for their Apple TV and even adjust settings to let their Apple TVs update automatically. See How To Manually Update Your Apple TV Or Set It To Update Automatically:
How Can I Update An Apple TV Manually?
If you want to manually check for updates:
- Launch the Settings application, which has an icon that resembles a gray gear.
- Swipe down and tap “System.”
- Swipe to and choose “Software Updates.”
You Might Also Want To Read: How to watch Amazon Prime Videos on Apple TV
- Tap “Update Software.”
If an update is available, it starts downloading automatically. As soon as your Apple TV is done updating, a “Your Apple TV is up to date.” message would be visible.
How Can I Update An Apple TV Automatically?
If you do not fancy manually checking for updates, your Apple TV can be set to search for and download updates automatically. See how:
- Launch the Settings application.
- Swipe to and choose “System.”
- Access “Software Updates.”
- Ensure “Automatically Update” is set to “On.” If you set it to “Off,” tap it to enable it.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Register For Apple TV+?
That is that.