A major issue the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge contend with are the IMEI number that does not function as it should and requires repair. This IMEI problem leads to the same situation that other Galaxy smartphones battle, as some users of the mobile device are struggling with troubles that prevents them from making use of services like Mobile Data, calls, SMS and so on. That kind of restricts what the phone does in general.
So in this article, we’ll put you through on how you can repair the IMEI number for the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge.
I will be addressing 2 methods on how to get the IMEI number issue on the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge fixed once and for all.
1. Rectify Firmware Yet To Be Updated
- Turn On the Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge.
- From the main screen, head to Applications.
- Select Settings.
- Select About Device.
- Tap the Software Update option.
- Select Download when the notification appears.
- Hold on until the download is complete.
2. Restore And Fix Null IMEI
- Turn on the Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Enable and enter the USB debugging mode.
- Have your Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge device connected to the PC.
- Get EFS Restorer Express downloaded.
- Launch the app and then run EFS-BACK.BAT file.
- Select a means of restoring the EFS via Odin.
Adhering to the steps above should rectify the IMEI problem on the device. But if it persists, make use of an IMEI number checker to ensure there are no major troubles with the Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge. They are several, and lots of them do not cost anything.