The Nigerian Customs Service Recruitment portal (Nigerian Customs/NCS) was opened on the midnight of April 17, 2019, at exactly 2.50am and has been announced nationwide the recruitment into the service for the year 2019. As it stands now the portal www.vacancy.customs.gov.ng has opened for 3,200 Nigerians to be recruited during this exercise
According to Umar Sanusi, The Acting Deputy Comptroller-General of Customs in charge of Human Resources Department, in his speech, he disclosed publicly that 800 applicants will be recruited to fill the Support Staff for Superintendent Cadre Category and that 2,400 would fill that of Customs Inspector and Customs Assistant Cadre in the General Duty Categories.
Are you interested to join the Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment (NCS) 2019, below are some criteria that will enable you to join:
- The applicant will not be a foreigner, he or she must be a Nigerian citizen by birth.
- Based on the position been applied, applicants must make sure he/ she completed secondary school(O Level) or any other circular institution.
- The recruitment is opened just for the applicant on the age bracket of 18- 35 years
- If you are a prisoner have in mind that you are excluded from the recruitment
- Only mentally stabilized applicants must apply
Other qualifications to join the Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment (NCS) 2019 are as follows:
- Applicant must not be less than 1.7 meters in height, for male and 1.64 meters for female.
- He or she must be certified by the Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in Service.
- In terms of chest measurement, the applicant must have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 meters, male.
- He or she will not be suffering from any form of physical or mental disability.
- The applicant must exhibit good reputable behavior, he or she must not have been found guilty of any criminal offenses
- The applicant must present a certificate of state of origin signed by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Governments. Note- certificate endorsed by the Liaison officers is unacceptable.
- The applicant must be free from any form of financial harassment.
How to Apply For Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment (NCS) 2019
If you want to apply for Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment (NCS) 2019 you must visit the Nigeria Customs Service website via www.vacancy.customs.gov.ng to start the application. There are three general duty categories in the recruitment of which you will select the category you belong. They are:
- Superintendent Cadre
- Inspectorate Cadre
- Assistant Cadre
Superintendent Cadre- To qualify for this category you must be at least 18- 30 years of age and you must be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in Service, the applicant must not be less than 1.7 meters in height, for male and 1.64 meters for female. Not only that, you must Have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 meters for male. Have in mind that you ought to Present a certificate of state of origin and it will be signed by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Governments. Certificates endorsed by Liaison officers are unacceptable.
Note: this category is only for applicants that possess a Bachelor’s Degree, HND or equivalent in any of the following or related fields and must have NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate
Inspectorate Cadre: this category is mid-Level officers comprising of Assistant Inspectors of Customs. It entails applicant at about 18-25 years of age and also applicants that have OND, NCE or its equivalent obtained from recognized Polytechnics or other Institutions.
Assistance Cadre: these categories are junior ranking officers comprising of Customs Assistant. They are classified into two parts namely:
- CUSTOMS ASSISTANT (SUPPORT STAFF) Grade 11 – CONSOL 04
- CUSTOMS ASSISTANT (SUPPORT STAFF) – CONSOL 03
CUSTOMS ASSISTANT (SUPPORT STAFF) Grade 11 – CONSOL 04
The person must at least have gotten SSCE/NECO or GCE and must credit in not less than 3 subjects including English and Mathematics obtained at one sitting and passes in at least two other subjects OR GCE Ordinary level, the applicant will at least pass in four subjects including English and Mathematics obtained at one sitting or five or more subjects including English and Mathematics and it will not be more than two sittings. The applicant must be between the ages of 18- 25years.
CUSTOMS ASSISTANT (SUPPORT STAFF) – CONSOL 03
The applicant must possess evidence of full course in Government approved S.75 or JSSC OR Trade Test certificate where relevant.
Note: before you commence the registration make sure you have an active email address if not create a new one because it will be used in the registration