You can now set custom ringtones on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, and iPhone Xr. We will be teaching you to do that here through a very easy method. With custom ringtones, you can know who is calling your phone without even picking up your phone. You can assign different ringtones to different contacts on your list to help you know who is calling before you even get to your phone or take your phone out of your pocket. You can set a custom ringtone to a specific contact or group of people, depending on the one you want.
For example, you can set a particular ringtone for all your colleagues so when that specific ringtone to assigned to all your colleagues’ rings, then you know it is work-related. You can do the same for family, friends and any other group you might think of. In addition to that, you can also set custom notification sounds for your apps.
How To Set Custom Ringtones On iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, and iPhone Xr
The procedure to set custom ringtones on iPhone Xs, Xs Max and Xr is quite easy and straightforward. All you have to do is get a music you would like to use for the custom Ringtone, crop out the 30 seconds part needed for the Ringtones, change the file format and upload it to iTunes to be used as your custom ringtone. Don’t worry, it is actually easier than it looks. To do all that, follow the outlined step by step guide below.
– First, you’ll have to make sure you iTunes app is up-to-date. If it isn’t, Update it.
– Once you’re done Updating the app, Open the iTunes App, Search for the music you would like to use.
– Once you’ve seen the music, Right-Click on the music and select Get Info from the drop-down Menu to crop out the 30 seconds part(Or Less) you need for the custom Ringtone.
– Next, Right-click on the music again and select Create AAC Version to create an AAC Version of the music.
– Now, Rename the newly created AAC Version file extension from .m4a to .m4r and save.
– Upload the newly renamed .m4r file to iTunes and Sync to your iPhone.
– Now that the hard part is over, all you have to do is going to the Settings Menu on your iPhone, Click on Sounds and Select Ringtones. From here, you can choose any song to use as your custom ringtone. (The .m4r file you just synced)
You can repeat the above process to get more custom ringtones for different contacts or group of contacts on your iPhone. Settings custom ringtones make your phone feel so much more personalized. You can easily tell who is calling without having to pick up your phone or from another room. You can also use the created custom Ringtone for notification sounds if you wish.