A few days ago (last year), a new phone – the ZTE Blade V8 – from popular Chinese smartphone manufacturers, ZTE Corporation was leaked online in Russia with most of its specs and some live renders of the device revealed.
From the leaks, we can see that yet another smartphone with dual rear cameras is coming to join the growing list of smartphones with that particular feature. Just like 4G LTE, dual rear camera setups on smartphones is fast becoming a common feature.
ZTE Blade V8 Specifications, Review and Highlights
The ZTE Blade V8 has a 5.2-inch display which has a Full HD (1920 * 1080) pixel resolution and is covered with 2.5D glass. It is just 7.7 millimetres thick and is designed with a brushed metal body. The device features a fingerprint scanner in its physical home button.
The Blade V8 is powered by a Snapdragon 435 processor which works with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. It sports a 13MP selfie camera while the rear houses a 13MP+2MP horizontal dual camera setup.
The ZTE Blade V8 is expected to run on Android 7.0 Nougat with ZTE’s custom OS, MiFavour UI version 4.0 layered on top.
ZTE Blade V8 Full Phone Specifications
- 2G – GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100.
- 4G – LTE.
- SIM Type – Dual SIM (Nano SIM, Dual Standby).
- OS – Android 7.0 Nougat with MiFavor UI v4.0.
Design & Display
- Dimensions – 8.4 * 71.5 * 7.7 mm.
- Weight – 141g.
- Display size – 5.2 inches.
- Display Resolution – 1920 * 1080 pixels (Full HD).
- Display Technology – IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Brushed metal body.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours – Pink.
- Processor Name/Technology – 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 453.
- Processor Speed – 1.4GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores – Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor – Adreno 505.
- RAM – 2GB/3GB/4GB .
- Internal Storage – 16GB/32GB/64GB.
- External Storage – microSD, up to 256GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Rear – 13MP+2MP Dual cameras with autofocus.
- LED Flash – Yes
- Camera Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR.
- Video recording – Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing – 13MP with 1080p video recording.
- Music Support – AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker – Yes.
- Audio Technology – –
- Video Support – MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: –
- Bluetooth – v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles – A2DP, LE.
- WiFi – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS – Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB – micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: –
- NFC – No.
- 3.5mm audio jack – Yes.
- Battery Capacity – 2730mAh.
- Battery Technology – Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Charging – Fast Charge – No.
- Power Management – Nougat’s Battery Saving mode.
Availability and Price of ZTE Blade V8 in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The ZTE Blade V8 is said to come in many colours, but only one, the pink colours has been confirmed. We don’t have the price details of the phone yet, but it’s expected to be priced lower or equal to $399, the price of the Huawei Honor 8, the smartphone it seems the Blade V8 is aimed at.