One great benefit of using Samsung’s OneUI is its many customization options, which are all backed by a sleek UI. One area, however, where it does not give room for much customization is the system icons. OneUI does not allow you to customize the system icons as easily as other Android devices let you. This means you can’t go to the Play Store, download an icon pack, and apply it to your device. In this guide, we have come up with a few workarounds that you can use to customize the system icon packs on your Samsung phone.
3 Methods You Can Use to Install Custom Icon Packs on Samsung Phones
One very easy method you can use to customize the icon packs on your Samsung phone is to go over to the Galaxy Store, download a custom pack, and apply it to your phone. Below, we have listed a guide to help you apply custom icons to your Samsung phone without having to go through the process of installing third-party apps.
How to Install Custom Icon Packs from the Galaxy Theme Store
- First off, go to the home screen of your Samsung phone.
- Next, tap and hold on any blank space to enter edit mode.
- Now, you should see a “Themes” option displayed at the bottom of the screen. Tap on it to launch the Galaxy Theme Store.
- Now, proceed to switch to the Icons tab. On this tab, you can search for any icon you would like to install on your device.
- Once you find an icon you want to install, tap on the Download button to download it to your device. Once it is complete, tap on the “Apply” button to apply the icons and save your changes.
And with those few and easy steps, you have installed Samsung’s own custom packs on your Samsung phone. There are a lot of other icon packs in the Galaxy Store. So if you are not happy with the pack you installed, you can always search for others by going back to the Store.
How to Apply Default Icons on Samsung Galaxy Smartphones
If the custom pack you installed isn’t okay with you, you can always revert to the default custom pack on your Samsung phone. To do this, follow the steps listed below:
- First off, go to the Home screen of your Samsung phone and hold on to any blank space on the screen to open up the Edit mode.
- Next, select the Themes to go to the Galaxy Store.
- Once in the Galaxy Store, switch to the Menu tab.
- Now, tap on the “My Stuff” option. Now, you will have all the themes and icons you have on your device displayed. From here you can then select the Default icon pack. You can find it under the icons tab.
- Once you have done this, tap on Apply and the default icon pack will be applied to your home screen.
One issue with using the icon packs that are listed in the Galaxy Themes store is that they do not contain all the icons for non-Samsung apps. If you go with this option, it works best on stock Samsung apps but for other apps, it either doesn’t look good or it is not included in the pack at all. Another factor to consider is that many of the icon packs that are available in the Galaxy theme store are premium and as such, you have to pay to install them.
How to Customize Icons on Samsung Galaxy Phones using Good Lock
Samsung released a tool known as Good Lock which allows you to gain access to pre-released features. There are a lot of features on Good Lock that allow you to install One UI packs and use them on your phone. Follow the steps listed below to install Good Lock on your phone and use it to customize your icons.
- First off, go to the Galaxy store, search for Good Lock, and install it on your device.
- Once the app has been installed, open it up on your device.
- On the Good Lock app, you should see a download icon under the Theme Park option. Tap on the icon.
- On the page that comes up next, tap on the Install button. This will install the Theme Park app on your phone.
- Once the download is complete, launch the Theme Park app and go over to the Icon tab.
- Here, you should see a button that says “CREATE NEW”. Tap on it and then you should see the theme creator interface.
- Now, tap on the Iconpack icon. This will select third-party icon packs.
- Now, tap on the “Install” button and then enter any name you want to give to the theme. Once you do this, a theme will be created.
- Finally, tap on the new theme and then select the “Apply” button. This will apply the theme to your device.
You can also use the theme maker interface to customize the themes even more. This allows you to change the shapes and colors of the icons that are available in the theme.