One common issue on the new iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR is that the screen gets unresponsive sometimes. Some users have also noticed that certain parts of the screen do not respond when they are tapped on.
One common part of the screen most users have complained about this issue happening is the bottom of their screen. This can cause a lot of stress whenever it happens.
Reasons Why Your Apple iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR Touch Screen is not Working
This issue might happen as a result of your iPhone suffering excessive bumps during the shipping process. It might also be caused by software bugs on your device. To fix this issue, make sure to update your device to the latest OS.
How to Fix Apple iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR Touch Screen Not Working Issue
Factory Reset Your Device
- First off, go to the Settings app on your device and then tap on the General option.
- Next up, search for the Reset option and then tap on it.
- Now you need to enter your Apple ID and password.
The Factory Reset will begin and will take a few minutes. Once it’s done, your device will display the Welcome screen and you can start using your device.
Clear Cache on Your iPhone
- Launch the Settings app on your device and then tap on the General option.
- Next up, tap on Storage & iCloud Usage and then tap on Manage Storage.
- Tap on Documents and Data.
- Now, you need to move the items you wish to delete and then tap on Delete.
- You can then clear all of the app’s data by tapping on Delete all.
Remove and Re-insert SIM Card on Your iPhone.
You can also try removing and reinserting the SIM Card on your iPhone. Make sure to first turn off your iPhone and wait a few minutes before you reinsert it.
Perform a Hard Reset on Your iPhone
Before you go through with the process, make sure to backup all of your files, contacts, and settings and it should be used as a last resort.
You can backup your files by going to the Backup & Reset screen in the Settings app.
- First off, press and hold down the Sleep key and the home button at a time.
- Make sure to keep the buttons press for about ten seconds.
- The hard reset process will begin. Once it’s done, you will be taken to the Welcome screen.