If you are thinking that LG Stylo 4 is another Galaxy Note 9, take a deep breath, it is not. Even though both have styluses in them, they don’t act the same. The stylo 4 is a basic and affordable (cheap) smartphone released in the month of June 2018.
Here in this write up, we will pay attention to the LG Stylo 4, which some have taken up instead of buying very expensive phones. The following paragraphs will be used to evaluate the design, display, camera, hardware, price and performance of LG Stylo 4.
Design and Display of LG Stylo 4
Primary material in the device is metal and it weighs 172 grams. Dimensions are 160 x 77.7 x 8.1 mm. it comes in black color. It is not water proof but there is face recognition technology in the mobile device. Its security includes fingerprint, face ID, PIN, pattern, slide, knock code, knock on, and smart lock. There is also a stylus pen for the LG Stylo 4.
Display type is IPS LCD capacitive touch screen. The screen size is 6.2 inches but there is no secondary display. Pixel resolution is 2160 x 1080 of 16 million colors. Pixel density 390 ppi, and aspect ratio is 18:9. Protective feature in the device is 2.5D curved glass.
At the camera department there is a single 13 MP f/2.4 AI camera with OLens feature. The primary camera comes with LED flash option. Towards the front there is 5 MP AI camera with flash. The video performance stands at [email protected]
Camera features are geo-tagging, auto focus, HDR, 4X Zoom, touch focus, face detection, panorama, and others.
Hardware and Software of LG Stylo 4
For hardware, there is Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 chipset. In addition to that, there is 1.8 GHz Octa-core CPU. The GPU is Adreno 506. Furthermore, there is the operating system Android OS v8.1 Oreo. It comes with LG UX 7.0 platform. Moreover, we hope that this software will be able to upgrade to latest Android 9 Pie when the time comes.
Storage Capacity and Sensors
There is 2GB of RAM for memory which cannot be expanded. But the internal storage of 32GB ROM can be increased up to 2TB with a microSD card. Sensors in the LG Stylo 4 are as follows – accelerometer, proximity, ambient light, compass, G-sensor, fingerprint, and face recognition.
Network and Connectivity
The network connection on the device are 2G, 3G, and 4G. this means that the smartphone is GSM, HSPA, and LTE compliant. To make things work, there is a single Nano SIM card slot. Moreover, there are other components like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, mobile hotspot, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, microUSB 2.0, headphone jack, and NFC. There is no infrared or HDMI in this device.
LG Stylo 4 Technical Specification
- Device TypeSmartphone
- ModelLG Stylo 4 (MetroPCS USA)
- PriceOriginal price $239 (listed price $179)
- Dimensions160 mm x 77.7 mm x 8.1 mm (6.3″ x 3.06″ x 0,32″)
- Weight172g (6.07 oz)
- Face RecognitionYes
- Dedicated KeysVolume, Power, Fingerprint
- Device SecurityFingerprint, Face ID, Pin, Pattern, Password, Slide, Knock code, Knock On, Smart lock
- Features-Metal body
- Display TypeIPS LCD, Capacitive touch screen
- Secondary DisplayNo
- Touch ScreenYes, Multi touch
- Pixel Density~390 PPI
- Resolution2160 x 1080 pixels
- Display Colors16 M
- Display Protection
- Features-18:9 ratio
-2.5D curved glass (NEG Glass)
- Supported NetworkGSM/ HSPA/ LTE (MetroPCS USA)
- 2G NetworkGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G NetworkGSM 850/ 900 / 1900/ 2100 MHz
- 4G NetworkLTE 700/ 800/ 850/ 1700/ 1800/ 1900/ 2100/ 2500/ 2600 MHz
- SIMNano SIM
- Hybrid Sim
- Dual SIMNo, Single Sim
- ChipsetQualcomm Snapdragon 450
- CPU1.8GHz Octa-core
- GPUAdreno 506
- RAM (Memory)2GB
- Internal Storage32GB
- Card SlotUpto 2TB (microSD)
- Dedicated slotYes
- Operating SystemAndroid OS v8.1 Oreo, LG UX 7.0
- Java Support
- SMSYes (threaded view)
- Primary13MP, f/2.4, AI camera, QLens
- Front5MP, AI camera
- Front FlashYes
- Camera FeaturesGeotagging
- BluetoothYes, v4.2, A2DP
- Wi-fiYes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, WiFi direct, dual band, DLNA
- Wi-fi Hotspot
- GPSYes, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Wireless ChargingNo
- Headphone Jack
- USBv2.0 Type C
- Speed42.2 Mbps (HSDPA), 5.76 Mbps;(HSUPA); LTE
- Web BrowserHTML 5
- Video Format3GP, M4V, H.263, H.264, MOV, AVI, xVID, WMV, FLV, MP4, H.265
- Audio FormatMP3, eAAC+, WAV, Flac player
- FM RadioYes
- Alert TypesVibration, MP3
- Ring TonesWav ring tones
- Battery TypeLi-Ion (Lithium Ion)
- Talk TimeUp to 15hrs 20 min
- StandbyUp to 504 hrs
- SARHead – 1.12 W/Kg Body – 1.22 W/Kg
- Features1. Document viewer
2. Photo and video editor
3. Active Noise Cancellation with Dedicated Mic
4. Fast battery charging
Powering the device is a Li-Ion 3300 mAh non-removable battery with fast charging option. However, there is no wireless charging in the device. Talk time is up to 15 hours and standby time is up to 504 hours.
Price and Availability
Original price is $239 USD but you may get for higher or lesser now as prices are often not fixed. This mobile smartphone is available since June 2018 and can be found in stores as attested to by the manufacturer.