Panasonic has unveiled its latest smartphone in the Eluga series dubbed the Panasonic Eluga Mark 2. This is coming exactly a year after its predecessor, the Eluga Mark was released.
The Panasonic Eluga Mark 2 sports a full metal body with three times higher heat-dissipating capacity than its predecessor. It has interesting high-end features such as a 5.5-inch HD IPS display and a 13-megapixel rear camera with 5P lens for capturing maximum light in photos. The device also features a fingerprint sensor which is embedded on the back panel just below the rear camera lens.
Panasonic Eluga Mark 2 Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Panasonic Eluga Mark 2 packs a 5.5-inch HD (1280 * 720 pixels) IPS (267 PPI) display with 2.5D curved Asahi Dragon Trail glass protection and topped with On-Cell Touch technology. The smartphone is powered by a 1.3GHz Octa-core MediaTek 6753 processor with Mali T720-MP3 GPU. The device has 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage, which can be increased to 128GB using a microSD card.
The Panasonic Eluga Mark 2 is a dual-SIM phone which runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and supports 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS for connectivity.
The Mark 2 has a 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording and a 5MP front-facing camera with 88-degree wide-angle lens to capture as many objects as you might like to capture. It packs a 3000mAh battery, which is expected deliver up to 12 hours of talk time and up to two days of standby time. The Panasonic Eluga Mark 2 comes in Gold colour.
Panasonic Eluga Mark 2 Full Phone Specifications
- 2G – GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G – HSPA+ 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G – LTE 850 / 1800 / 2300.
- SIM Type – Dual SIM (Micro, microSD card) slot.
- OS – Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- Dimensions – 76 * 151 * 7.7 mm.
- Weight – –
- Display – 5.5-inch, 1280 * 720 HD pixels (267 PPI) IPS Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Unimetal Body.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours – Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology – 64-bit MediaTek 6753 Processor.
- Processor Speed – 1.3 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores – Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor – Mali T720-MP3.
- RAM – 3GB.
- Internal Storage – 32GB.
- External Storage – microSD, up to 128 GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, fingerprint, Infrared.
- Rear – 13 MP.
- LED Flash – Yes.
- Video recording – Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing – 5MP LED flash.
- Music Support – AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker – Yes
- Audio Technology – –
- Video Support – MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth – v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles – A2DP, LE.
- WiFi – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS – Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB – USB Type-C.
- USB OTG – Yes.
- NFC – No
- 3.5mm audio jack – Yes.
- Battery – Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh.
- Charging – Fast-charging
- Power Management – Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features – –
- Launch Date – November 23, 2016.
- Availability – November 23, 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online – Flipkart.com.
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: N64,680.
- Kenya: KES 15, 689.
- Ghana: GHS 625.
- India: Rs 10, 499.
- China: 1060 Chinese Yuan.
- USA: $154.
- UK: 123 British Pound Sterling.
- Europe: 144 Euro.
Panasonic Eluga Mark 2 Availability and Price Details in India, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Panasonic Eluga Mark 2 is a Flipkart-exclusive smartphone priced at Rs. 10, 499. It will be released on the November 23 and can currently be pre-ordered. It is yet to hit the Nigerian market.