Samsung has confirmed that it’s going to launch the 2017 variants of its A series smartphones at the CES event in Las Vegas on the 5th of January, 2017. The series includes the Galaxy A3 (2017), Galaxy A5 (2017) and the Galaxy A7 (2017) smartphones, all of which are water-resistant.
The Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) is a high-end smartphone with specs similar to those of the A7 (2107), the main differences being the screen size and battery. It also sports a design common to smartphones in the series.
Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) is neither too big or too small, featuring a 5.2-inch SAMOLED display with a Full HD resolution. A fingerprint scanner is embedded into its home button as is typical of Samsung smartphones), and its body is resistant to liquids substances.
The Galaxy A5 2017 is powered by Samsung’s octa-core Exynos 7880 processor with a c.ock speed of 1.87GHz, and its graphics operations are handled by a Mali-T830 Graphics processor. The phone has 3GB of RAM and 32GB of default internal storage which can be expanded up to 128GB with a microSD card.
The Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 comes with a Dual Nano SIM slot through which it supports 4G LTE networks. You can share of its 3000mAh battery capacity (with adaptive fast charging) via its USB Type-C port (OTG), and you get almost the best in terms of software since the phone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box.
The Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) sports a 16MP camera with LED flash at the rear, anf a 16MP camera at the front for selfie purposes.
Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) Full Phone Specifications
- 2G – GSM.
- 3G – HSPA+.
- 4G – LTW with VoLTE.
- SIM Type – Dual SIM (Nano SIM, Dual Standby).
- OS – Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Design & Display
- Dimensions – –
- Weight – 145 * 71 * 7.8 mm.
- Display size – 5.2 inches.
- Display Resolution – 1920 * 1080 pixels (Full HD).
- Pixel Density: 424 ppi.
- Display Technology – Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen.
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours – Coral Blue.
- Processor Name/Technology – 64-bit Exynos 7880.
- Processor Speed – 1.87GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores – Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor – Mali-T830.
- RAM – 3GB.
- Internal Storage – 32GB.
- External Storage – microSD, up to 128GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Rear – 16MP.
- LED Flash – Yes.
- Video recording – Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing – 16MP.
- Music Support – AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker – Yes.
- Audio Technology – –
- Video Support – MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: –
- Bluetooth – v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles – A2DP, LE.
- WiFi – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS – Yes, with A-GPS & GLONASS.
- USB – USB Type-C.
- USB OTG – Yes.
- NFC – Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack – Yes.
- Battery Capacity – 3000mAh.
- Battery Technology – Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Charging – Fast Charge – Yes, adaptive.
- Power Management – Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features – Water resistance.
- Launch Date – January 5, 2017 (CES 2017).
- Availability – TBA.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online – TBA
- Offline – TBA
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: ₦230,000.
- Kenya: KSh 51795.
- Ghana: GH₵2158.23.
- India: Rs. 34311.30.
- China: ¥3510.21.
- USA: $505.31.
- UK: £409.
- Europe: €479.
Availability and Price of Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) in Europe, China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) would be announced on the 5th of January at the CES event, and it’s expected to cost 479 Euros.