Deleting contacts one by one is a headache, especially on a smartphone like the iPhone. It is not feasible to erase several contacts from an iPhone. However, it is doable from a Mac or Windows PC. Consequently, how do you erase several contacts from your iPhone?
This article outlines the methods required to remove numerous iPhone contacts simultaneously. The steps for doing so are listed below.
Methods to Delete Multiple Contacts On iPhone
Before we can delete numerous contacts on our iPhones, we must first understand how to delete a single contact. Here are the steps to removing contacts from your iPhone.
How to Delete Contacts on an iPhone?
The steps for removing iPhone contacts are listed below.
- Navigate to the contacts application and find the contact you want to delete.
- Tap on the contact and the Edit option on the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, scroll down till you find the Delete option.
- Tap on it and then again tap on Delete Contact.
And that is all. This is how iPhone contacts may be deleted individually. Now, let’s examine how to erase several contacts from an iPhone using a Windows PC.
Deleting Multiple Contacts from Windows PC
It is simple to delete several iPhone contacts simultaneously from a Windows computer. Here are the basic measures you may take to accomplish your goal.
- Log in to icloud.com and find your way to the contacts app.
- Hold the “Ctrl/Cmd” key on the keyboard and select all the contacts you want to delete.
- Find a gear-like icon on the bottom left corner of the screen and choose Delete from it.
- Following this, confirm your action on the next prompt message.
On your iPhone, all selected contacts will be wiped. Also, exercise extreme caution, as any modifications made in iCloud will be synchronized with your iPhone.
Delete Multiple Contacts on iPhone Using Groups
If you wish to erase several contacts from your iPhone swiftly, it is recommended that you use the third-party program Groups. Using this application, you can erase several contacts as follows:
- Firstly, download the “Groups” application on your iPhone.
- Launch the application and click on “Let’s Get Started.”
- Click on “OK” to grant access to the contacts on your iPhone.
- Now, select the list of the contacts you would like to delete by tapping on the circle outline beside the contact name.
- Click on the “Choose Action” on the top of the phone and click on “Delete Contacts” in the popup.
- Now, choose the option “Remove from my iPhone” and confirm the action.
Deleting Multiple Contacts from Mac
Using a Mac to delete many contacts is significantly simpler. Ensure that your contacts are synced with your device using the same Apple ID before beginning. To accomplish this, please follow the instructions outlined below.
- Open the Contacts app from Launchpad.
- And then, select all the contacts you want to delete.
- Click on the Edit button from the Menu Bar, and then click on the Delete Cards option.
- Finally, confirm the multiple contact card deletions by tapping the Delete button.
Consequently, the contacts will be removed.
On your iPhone, you can also remove all contacts simultaneously. To do so, you must perform a factory reset on your iPhone. This will wipe all of your device’s contacts and all available data on your iPhone.
That concludes the discussion. This is how you can remove several iPhone contacts. Just ensure that all of the contacts are synchronized before you begin. If possible, take a backup of the contacts before deleting them.