The official launch of WhatsApp’s Avatars feature, which will increase the fun of communicating with family and friends, was officially announced by Meta on December 7th, 2022.
What is Avatar?
Avatars for Facebook and Whatsapp are a fun way to personalize your communication with others online. Your avatar is a digital representation of yourself that is made from an infinite number of combinations of different hairstyles, facial features, and clothing to reflect your preferences or the message you want to convey.
How to Create Avatar on WhatsApp
If you already have the WhatsApp app installed, ensure you’re using the latest Whatsapp. Go to your App store to update your Whatsapp personal and Business Whatsapp application.
It’s going to take you Just 4 steps to learn how to create your avatar on Whatsapp.
- Step 1– Open WhatsApp and go to Settings
- Step 2– Here, you will see a new option- Avatar
- Step 3– Tap on Create Your Avatar
- Step 4– Follow the steps to create your avatar
- Step 5– Tap on Done
How to Locate the Avatar icon on Whatsapp
Your Avatar icon can be found next to (below) the emoji icon once Whatsapp is updated.
For example, You see an icon of the emoji smile, GIF, customized, then the next is the avatar icon
WhatsApp avatar not showing?
There are possible reasons your Whatsapp avatar will not be showing;
- Your Whatsapp might not be current. Update your Whatsapp to the most recent version to fix the issue. If you’ve tried and failed, you should delete Whatsapp and reinstall a brand-new copy.
- The Whatsapp avatar might not yet be accessible in your area as of when Whatsapp was first launched. Wait for it, though, until it reaches your area.
- You may be using fewer phones/tablet that isn’t supporting the upgraded Whatsapp with the avatar feature.
How to set Whatsapp Avatar Profile Photo
In addition to expressing yourself to family and friends through the 3D avatar, you can apply the Whatsapp avatar to your profile photo by following the steps below;
- After creating your Avatar, go to WhatsApp Settings,
- Open your profile photo and tap on edit,
- In the edit section, tap on Use Avatar,
- Then select the Avatar face you want to keep as your profile photo.