From using cute face filters to selfies with our best friends, Snapchat has always been our constant. Released in 2011 and ever since Snapchat has been one of the most loved social media apps that allow us to quickly share our funny moments with our friends and followers.
Snapchat gave a whole new meaning to the term “SMS” and offered a new way to interact with our friends with multimedia messages using GIFs, filters, stickers, emojis, and many other fun elements.
As we all know, Snapchat is a mobile application available for iOS and Android users. But did you know you could also use Snapchat on your PC? You are right! Don’t limit Snapchat to mobile devices only.
So, if you use Snapchat consistently, here’s a quick trick explaining how to use Snapchat on Mac and Windows and how to use Snapchat on various platforms.
Let’s dive in and explore a whole new way to use Snapchat on Mac and Windows.
How to use Snapchat on Mac and Windows PC
Well, one of the simplest workarounds to use Snapchat on Mac or Windows, is to use an emulator app. With the help of an app that emulates Android or iOS, you can run any application on Mac and Windows without any problems. Mostly, web developers make use of emulators for testing and developing applications on PC.
There are plenty of Android and iOS emulators available on the web. So, in this post, we will be using Bluestacks, which is a well-known emulation app that works quite well on both Mac and Windows.
BlueStacks is not only safe for your PC environment, but it is also comparatively faster than other emulation apps. If you’re willing to use BlueStacks to Snapchat on Mac and Windows, read on below.
Follow these quick steps to use Snapchat on Mac and Windows with the help of BlueStacks.
- Start any Web browser on your PC and visit the official website of Bluestack.
- Tap the “Download BlueStacks” button to install the BlueStacks emulator on your PC.
- Wait a few moments for the installation process to complete. Now, once BlueStacks has been successfully installed on your system, launch the BlueStacks application.
- The environment of BlueStacks is almost similar to an Android smartphone. You simply need to log into your Google account to start using the BlueStacks emulator.
- Just like you download apps on Android phones, BlueStacks also follows the same protocol. Tap the Play Store icon and look for the “Snapchat” icon to download the app.
- Now, once you’ve downloaded the app on your PC, log into your Snapchat app using the same credentials you use on your smartphone.
You can now use the app on Mac or Windows and view other people’s stories. But remember, if you want to post a new snap from your account, you need a camera on your PC.
BlueStacks works flawlessly on both Windows and macOS, so there’s absolutely nothing to worry about. Also, the steps to download BlueStacks and use Snapchat on PC are pretty much the same on both Mac and Windows. Moreover, you can also use any other Android or iOS emulator besides BlueStacks to use the Android or iOS apps on your Windows PC or MAC.
Here’s our quick guide on how to use Snapchat on Mac or Windows in addition to the mobile environment. So, are you looking forward to using Snapchat on your PC?