Innjoo Mobile has launched its 2016 flagship smartphone, the Innjoo 3. Prior to its launch, Innjoo has teased the Innjoo 3 extensively on its Facebook page and other mediums / channels. In one of the posts, one Innjoo fan commented that with all the teasers and anticipation built up around this device, it better not be a disappointment, and from the first impressions this device has made on us, the Innjoo 3 is clearly not a disappointment.
The Innjoo 3 is a high-end smartphone with a lot of impressive specs like 4GB of RAM, 1.5GHz processing speed and a high-quality camera. Honestly, this device is a relief from recent releases from Innjoo like the Innjoo Pro & Fire 3 Pro LTE which differ from their predecessors by only one or two specifications.
Innjoo 3 Specifications, Review and Highlights
Let’s start with the packaging. Even though we don’t have a review unit of the Innjoo 3 (yet), we managed to get a picture of the device’s package and package contents/accessories, and I must say it’s impressive. In recent times, OEMs with target markets in Nigeria like Tecno (in the Phantom 6/Plus) and Infinix (in the Zero 4/Plus) have come up with interesting package designs for their latest devices, and Innjoo has joined the bandwagon with its Innjoo 3.
The package of the Innjoo 3 is rectangular in shape with the letter “3” stylishly printed in red colour on top of it. Inside the package, the following items can be found:
- Innjoo 3 Smartphone.
- TPU Case.
- Tempered Glass.
- Screen Protector.
- User Manual.
- Warranty Card.
- USB Type-C cord.
- SIM Ejector Pin.
- Innjoo Headset.
Now to the specifications.
The Innjoo 3 comes with a fully-laminated 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 * 1080 pixels) display with 5-points Touch (G+F+F) and IPS display panels. The device is just 7.4mm thick 😮 and weighs 167 grammes. It sports a full metal body design with slightly curved edges and houses a 0.3-second fast fingerprint scanner in its physical home button.
The Innjoo 3 is powered under the hood by a 64-bit Octa-core MediaTek MT6750T processor with a processing speed of 1.5GHz which is coupled with a Mali T860 MP2 GPU for fast and lag-free operations. It comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB internal memory which can be expanded up to 128GB with a microSD card.
Innjoo’s 2016 flagship smartphone packs a 3000mAh Li-Polymer battery which Innjoo claims can give you 2 hours of talk time on a 5-minute charge. This might be due to its USB Type-C port which supports faster charging and its 5V 2A power adapter, coupled with other power saving optimisations in its software.
The Innjoo 3 has a dual SIM slot and supports 4G LTE network bands. It supports a wide range of multimedia file formats and delivers quality audio with its stereo speaker(s) directly to your ears via a 3.5mm standard CTIA audio jack. The Innjoo 3 runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box.
Perhaps the most interesting aspect of the Innjoo 3 is its cameras. The phone sports a 21MP camera with Autofocus and LED flash at the rear, while the front houses an 8MP selfie shooter.
Innjoo 3 Full Phone Specifications
- 2G – GSM 850/900/1800/1900.
- 3G – WCDMA 900/2100.
- 4G – FDD-LTE 1800/2600, Cat. 6 technology, up to 50Mbps upload speed, 300Mbps download speed.
- SIM Type – Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual standby).
- OS – Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- Dimensions – 157 * 77 * 7.4 mm.
- Weight – 167 g.
- Display – 5.5-inch, 1920 * 1080 pixels Full HD IPS Fully Laminated 5 Points Touch G+F+F touchscreen.
- Build: Metal aluminium design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours – Gold Black & Grey.
- Processor Name/Technology – 64-bit MediaTek MT6750T.
- Processor Speed – 1.5 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores – Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor – .
- RAM – 4 GB.
- Internal Storage – 64 GB.
- External Storage – microSD, up to 128 GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Gravity, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Rear – 21 MP, Autofocus, LED flash.
- LED Flash – Yes.
- Video recording – Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing – 8 MP.
- Music Support – 3.5 mm CTIA MP3, OGG, AAC, etc.
- Loudspeaker – Yes.
- Audio Technology – LRC lyrics synchronising, Photo Album, Stereo Speaker.
- Video Support – AVI, MKV(XVID/px/H.264), MOV, TS, M2TS, RM/RMVB, FLV, 3GP, MPEG, DAT, MP4.
- FM Radio – Yes.
- Bluetooth – v4.0+EDR.
- Bluetooth Profiles – –
- WiFi – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS – Yes, A-GPS.
- USB – USB Type-C.
- USB OTG – Yes.
- NFC – No.
- 3.5mm audio jack – Yes.
- Battery – Li-Polymer 3,000 mAh.
- Charging – Fast Charge – Yes.
- Power Management – Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features – Clean Master battery saver.
- Launch Date – November 18, 2016.
- Availability – 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: –
- Offline: –
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: N
- Kenya: KES
- Ghana: GHS
- India: Rs.
- China: Chinese Yuan.
- USA: $
- UK: British Pounds.
- Europe: Euro.
Innjoo 3 Availability and Price Details in Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Innjoo 3 comes in Black, Gold and Grey colours. The price of the Innjoo 3 has not been announced yet, but we expect it to cost around N100,000 in Nigeria to correlate with the flagship smartphones from other OEMs. When the price is announced, we’ll update this article.