Vivo X21i is not the successor to X21, but a re-examination of it – here it is new and why we should tend to buy one or the other.
We start immediately with the price and availability.
Vivo X21i is already available to be shipped to those who want to buy it and will have to connect to the usual online shops and wait for the day when there will be the way regarding shipments: May 19.
For prices we have two versions with change in RAM and storage:
- Vivo X21i – 64 GB of internal memory and 4 GB of RAM at the price – at about 350 euros;
- Vivo X21i – 128 GB of internal memory and 6 GB of RAM at the price – at about 420 euros.
What changes compared to the other variants is the design that has some slight difference both at the rear and at the front and the fact that the most interesting feature of the recent Vivo – the fingerprint sensor below the display – is not present here and there a further variation is planned to implement it.
And it would be a shame because the smartphone has a very important feature to make a sensor in the screen work – the AMOLED display.
As for the SoC platform, it is the Mediatek Helio P60 that, although it is one of the best performing Chinese processor manufacturers, we begin to suggest the idea that we will almost certainly not see it in our official capacity.
Now instead we talk about the technical data sheet and we understand if the product is worth the price that the company asks:
- 6.28-inch display in Full HD + resolution, AMOLED technology with a 19 – 9 aspect appearance due to the notch in the upper part;
- SoC Mediatek Helio P60 octa-core;
- Integrated memory of 64 GB/128 GB and available RAM memory of 6 GB for the 128GB model and 4 GB for the 64GB model, in both cases expansion with Micro SD is available;
- Double vertical rear camera (the first from 12 MPX, the second from 5 MPX) electronically stabilized, with LED flash;
- Single 24 MPX camera at the front centered, without Flash;
- Dual band A / C WiFi connectivity, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, GLONASS, 4G + LTE modem and fast charging via USB Type C;
- Dual Sim Dual Standby supported;
- Mono speaker at the bottom of the phone;
- Dimensions of 154.4 x 75 x 6.99 mm for a weight of 159 grams;
- The dedicated fingerprint sensor on the back, 2D facial recognition on the front;
- Integrated 3245 mAh battery with quick charge;
- 3.5 mm non-mm audio jack;
- Android 8.1 Oreo operating system with Funtouch OS 4 customization.
The other features reflect the progress of current technology related to software.
We talk about the Dual Cam equipped with artificial intelligence functions with scene recognition and a virtual assistant called Joy (strictly in Chinese) with machine learning functions.
In short, a less futuristic but more stable version of the already known and appreciated Vivo X21. Do you like or could the Chinese company do without it?