In recent years, flagship phones have become really good. High-end Android phones like Google Pixel 3 XL, HTC U11, and Moto Z2 Force offered users fast experiences, excellent cameras, high pixel density displays and even advanced features like waterproofing and much more.
Unfortunately, premium prices come with these premium phones. Not everyone wants or needs to spend more than € 700 for a device like the Galaxy S9 or LG V30, or even € 500 for a great mid-range Android phone like OnePlus 6T or Pixel 3A XL.
These are excellent phones, no doubt, but for many consumers, they are too expensive. There’s no reason to pay a lot of money for the design, very high-resolution screens or high-end processors if all you’re looking for is a phone to face the day with a charged battery,
The Samsung Galaxy J7 seems to be one of those phones, whether you have the previous model or the most recent 2018 version. With a fast processor, a clear AMOLED display perfect for watching movies or reading while on the move and all-day battery life it’s easy to see why the Galaxy J7 is an inexpensive device so popular with our readers.
Of course, the Galaxy J7 is not immune to user errors and this includes forgetting the device password. If you have to reset the password on your Galaxy J7, unfortunately, it’s a bit more difficult than you think.
For those who have not backed up their Samsung Galaxy, we have compiled a couple of different ways to reset the password on the Galaxy J7 when it is locked without having to lose data or files. Below is a guide that will teach you two different ways how to reset the lock screen password on the Galaxy J7 when you lock it.
PASSWORD RESET WITH MY SAMSUNG CELL PHONE
You had the possibility to use the Find my mobile (Find my Android) feature from Samsung. This worked by allowing you to use the “Remote Control” feature on your Samsung J7 which allowed you to temporarily reset the password and bypass the lock screen on the J7.
- Make sure your Galaxy J7 is registered with Samsung
- Use the Find my mobile service to temporarily reset the password
- Bypass the lock screen using the new temporary password
- Set a new password
However, some users have reported that this no longer works on their devices, so keep reading.
PASSWORD RESET WITH FIND MY GOOGLE DEVICE
Similarly, another solution that has worked over the past few years to reset the Galaxy J7 password has been Find my Google device. When using Find My Device to reset the password, simply activate the “Block” function. The “Block” function on Find my device allowed you to reset the J7 password.
- Go to Find my device from a computer
- Find your J7 on the screen
- Enable the “Lock and cancel” function
- Then follow the steps indicated on the page that will appear to lock the phone
- Set a temporary password
- Enter the temporary password on your J7
- Create a new password
Like the previous solution Find my phone, Find my device has not always been a reliable solution to unlock the device and, as such, we suggest that most users rely on the option to restore factory settings listed below.
RESTORING FACTORY SETTINGS
The remaining method has the virtue of actually working, but if you don’t back up your phone, you will lose all your data and files.
- Connect the phone to a charger and let it sit for a couple of hours. This should allow the device to back up to Google Drive.
- Turn off your Galaxy J7
- Press and hold the Volume Up button, Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon
- Using the Volume Down button, scroll to clear data/Factory Reset and press the Power button to select
- Using the Volume down button, scroll to and select Yes – Delete all user data, then press the Power button to select
- When J7 restarts, everything will be deleted and ready to be configured again
It is important to note that before restoring the factory settings on the Samsung J7, you need to have a backup of all the files and information to prevent data loss.