LYF, a sub-brand of Reliance, a leading Indian Telecom operator made its way into the competitive technology market with an entry-level smartphone called the Wind 7 in August. Sequel to its success, the company has proceeded to come up with a cheaper version of the Wind 7, dubbed the Lyf Wind 7i. The LYF WIND 7i is a smartphone tag-lined as ‘’Jumpstart your life’’; this device comes with a 24-month extended warranty like most of the smartphones from LYF.
The LYF Wind 7i has 4G Voice over LTE and supports dual-SIM, it has a 5-inch HD display and it is powered by a Snapdragon 210 processor similar to the Wind 7. However, unlike the Wind 7 which has 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage, the Wind 7i has 1GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage; from all indications, LYF decided to downgrade a little bit in order to have a smartphone that will compete with other budget smartphones.
Reliance LYF Wind 7i Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Reliance LYF Wind 7i packs a 5-inch HD (1280 * 720 pixels) IPS (294 PPI) display and is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 (MSM8909) processor with Adreno 304 GPU, 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage which can be increased to 128GB using a microSD card.
The LYF Wind 7i is a dual-SIM phone which runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and supports 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS for connectivity.
The smartphone sports an 8MP PDAF camera with LED Flash at the rear, and the front camera has a 5MP sensor that comes with HDR mode. It also has photography modes like Enhancer mode and Panorama mode. The Wind 7i packs a 2250mAh battery which is expected to deliver up to 9 hours of talk time and up to two days of standby time.
The LYF Wind 7i comes in black and blue colours, has a dimension of 143.5 * 72 * 8.7 millimetres and a weight of 156 gramme§.
LYF Wind 7i Full Phone Specifications
- 2G – GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G – HSPA+ 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G – LTE 850 / 1800 / 2300.
- SIM Type – Dual SIM (Micro, microSD card) slot.
- OS – Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- Dimensions – 143.5 * 72 * 8.7 mm
- Weight – 156 g.
- Display – 5.0-inch, 1280* 720 HD pixels (294 PPI) IPS Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: –
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours – Rose Gold & Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology – 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 (MSM8909) Processor.
- Processor Speed – 1.3 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores – Quad-core
- Graphics Processor – Adreno 304.
- RAM – 1 GB.
- Internal Storage – 8 GB.
- External Storage – microSD, up to 128 GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity.
- Rear – 8 MP PDAF.
- LED Flash – Yes.
- Video recording – Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing – 5 MP LED flash.
- Music Support – AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker – Yes
- Audio Technology – –
- Video Support – MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth – v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles – A2DP, LE.
- WiFi – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS – Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB – USB Type-C.
- USB OTG – Yes.
- NFC – No
- 3.5mm audio jack – Yes.
- Battery – Non-removable Li-Ion 2250 mAh.
- Charging – Regular
- Power Management – Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features – –
- Launch Date – November 16, 2016.
- Availability – November 16, 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online – Lyf.com.
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: N30,660.
- Kenya: KES 7,432.
- Ghana: GHS 293.
- India: Rs 4,999.
- China: 498 Chinese Yuan.
- USA: $73.
- UK: 59 British Pound Sterling.
- Europe: 68 Euro.
Reliance LYF Wind 7i Availability and Price Details in India, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The LYF Wind 7i was launched on November 16 with a price tag of Rs. 4,999 in India, and can be pre-ordered right now here. It is yet to hit the Nigerian market.