The Apple ID is unique to each Apple user. As you already know, without your Apple ID, you wouldn’t be able to access your Apple account. Things get even more serious if your Apple ID is disabled.
When that happens, you won’t be able to use any of the features available to Apple users. These features include buying, updating and even downloading apps from Apple’s official app store. Apart from that, you won’t have access to services and apps like Apple Music, iMessage, FaceTime, iCloud, iTunes Store, App Store and more.
Although the problem is quite serious, there is a fairly simple solution. We will show you everything you need to know about this problem and we’ll explain how to solve it.
WHY IS MY APPLE ID DISABLED?
If you received the error message “Your account has been deactivated in the App Store and iTunes”, it means that your Apple ID has been blocked from further use. The meaning is the same even behind the following error messages:
- “This Apple ID has been blocked for security reasons.”
- “You can’t log in because your account has been disabled for security reasons.”
- “This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons.”
But why, could you ask?
The answer is, in fact, quite simple. Usually, people receive that kind of error message because they have entered too many incorrect credentials too many times while accessing their Apple accounts. In other words, you most likely entered the Apple ID, password, security question, or other incorrect information for your Apple account. Therefore, the system did not recognize you and the entire account was blocked for security reasons.
Similarly, someone else who knows your Apple ID may have tried to access your account. After a few failed attempts made by that person, your Apple ID may have been blocked.
In this way, Apple protects your security as someone could use your account to buy, download, update apps or use other features as they would like without your permission. Your account will remain locked even if you remember your exact credentials and enter them correctly this time.
REACTIVATION OF THE APPLE ID
Here’s what you need to do to fix this and sign in to your account if your Apple ID has been disabled. Keep in mind that you still need to know your exact Apple ID.
- Visit Apple’s troubleshooting website by clicking here.
- Once you are on Apple’s iforgot.apple site, enter your Apple ID and click Continue.
- The website will then ask you a series of security questions so that they can verify that this account really belongs to you. You must answer all these questions correctly. The website may ask you for your email address, phone number, country, etc.
If you remember the password associated with your Apple ID, you can reactivate your account by entering it. You will see this option if you have entered all the other information correctly.
If you have trouble remembering your current password, you can change it on the iforgot.apple website or using two-factor authentication. The following section will show you how to use both of these methods.
CHANGING THE PASSWORD OF YOUR APPLE ID ON THE IFORGOT.APPLE WEBSITE
Changing the password on the iforgot.apple website is quite simple. Here’s what you need to do:
- Visit iforgot.apple.
- Enter your Apple ID.
- Enter the verification characters and tap Continue.
- Enter the phone number connected to your Apple ID.
- Select whether you want to use another device or your phone number to change the password.
- Tap Start Recovery.
- Follow the simple on-screen steps to complete the process.
CHANGING THE PASSWORD OF YOUR APPLE ID BY USING TWO-FACTORY AUTHENTICATION
Before following these steps, you need to make sure that your device is running iOS 10 or later iOS versions. This is because only those versions support this feature.
Apart from that, if you want to use two-factor authentication to change your password, this feature must be enabled on your phone. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to your phone settings.
- Tap your name and then select Password and security. This will take you to another screen where you will be able to check if two-factor authentication is enabled on your phone.
- If two-factor authentication is enabled, simply touch the Change password option.
- You will then need to enter the iPhone passcode.
- After entering the iPhone passcode correctly, you will be taken to another window. Enter your new password, check it and tap Change.
- A popup window will appear asking if you want to exit other devices that use your Apple ID. Tap Exit other devices to make sure no one else is using your account.
WHAT HAPPENS IF IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO ENABLE YOUR OWN ID APPLE OR CHANGE THE PASSWORD?
If none of the previously explained methods work for you, there is only one thing you can try. You must contact Apple Support. You can call their experts or start an online support request.
However, make sure you have your serial number ready. More information is available on the Apple support website.
ENJOY THE FEATURES OF APPLE ON YOUR ACCOUNT
This is all you need to know to enable your Apple ID. We hope to have helped you solve your problem with the Apple ID and learn some new things.
Didn’t we mention any other ways to re-activate your Apple ID? In that case, let us know in the comments below.