If you are using an iPhone for the first time, whether it is a brand new iPhone or a used phone that you got from a different user – you have to enable it to set up cellular service. And fortunately for you, the process is simple and uncomplicated because of the iPhone’s setup wizard.
How Can I Activate An iPhone?
If you bought the iPhone new in an Apple store or at a wireless provider, your SIM card should already be installed for you. If that is not the case, you have to insert the SIM card on your own. To do that, make sure the phone is powered off and then carefully insert the tray ejection pin into the hole on the side of the device until the tray pops out.
- Get the SIM card inserted in the tray and push it back into the phone.
- You must also know that the SIM card has to be activated by the cellular carrier you have a plan with. A T-Mobile SIM card will be useless in a device that is locked to AT&T, for instance. If you wish to unlock your iPhone and use it for another carrier, that can be done too even if the process will require a different tutorial.
- Power on your iPhone by holding down the Power button until the Apple logo is visible on the screen.
- Start the setup process by adhering to the instructions on the screen.
- When you are prompted to select a connection option, select your Wi-Fi network and type in your Wi-Fi password, or select the phone over the cellular network.
You Might Also Want To Read- How Do I Delete A Single Message On My iPhone?
- You might be prompted to get yourself signed in with your Apple ID. This is a security feature named Activation Lock that helps to prevent thieves from tampering with your device. If the phone is yours, get yourself logged in with your Apple ID. If the phone is not yours, you have to reach out to the original owner to get yourself signed in with their Apple ID so you can wrap up the setup. The Apple ID can be changed in future. The phone will be activated after several minutes.
Wrap Up The Process
Immediately your iPhone is activated, you can continue with the remaining initial setup. Adhering to the instructions in the setup wizard, you will be presented with various choices:
You Might Also Want To Read- How to Lock or Unlock your Titanium Apple Card on iPhone
- Users can set up the iPhone as a new device. It is the easiest and quickest setup option, but you will take it to a factory-fresh state with zero applications or data installed.
- You can Restore applications, you will prefer this option to restore the latest backup to your new phone.
- You can also Restore applications and data from an iTunes backup. If you are an iCloud user, you might need to manually back your old iPhone using iTunes on your PC. If so, just go for this option and have your iOS device connected to the PC via a USB connection cable. Be aware, however, Apple recently announced that the company is set to discontinue the iTunes app and stop supporting the program, so this option might not be an option for long.
- You can also get your data migrated from an Android phone. If you are joining iOS from Android, Apple’s Move to iOS app can be used.