WhatsApp has evolved over time. From that simple instant messaging App to an App that has all the necessary features to serve customer’s personal and business needs. But even with all these features, WhatsApp still doesn’t let you schedule a message, and it really needs to improve its auto-reply feature.
Scheduled messages and auto-reply can be a very useful tool for people using WhatsApp for business, so in this article, we’ll see how we can schedule messages and auto-reply on WhatsApp on Android. Since there are no built-in features designed for that.
Please note that this tutorial is specifically for Android users.
Scheduling Messages on WhatsApp
SKEDit is a third party App that is suitable for scheduling messages, it not only works for WhatsApp but for a handful of other messaging Apps and services like Emails, text messages, and Facebook.
NOTE: SKEDit will only work as long as the phone isn’t password protected. Just like any other WhatsApp scheduler, it can not work with a locked screen.
- SKEDit, like every other app, needs the Accessibility Permission to work. Make sure you set that up. Once that has been set, you will need to select the contact you want to send the scheduled message to, compose the message and select the time and date you want the message to be delivered.
- you can also set the App to ask for permission before any scheduled message is sent. Just toggle the ‘Ask me’ option before sending switch on.
- Once all the settings required are in place, the App will send you a notification when the scheduled message is ready to be sent. All you just need to do is tap on ‘Send’ when the App notifies you about the time.
Setting up an auto-reply for WhatsApp
There are times when you could be too busy or not available[online] to reply business inquiry or reply basic queries, the only solution to this is to download the third-party App ‘AutoResponder’ from the android play store.
- After you’ve downloaded the ‘autoresponder’ App, the first thing you do is tap on ‘All’ to set a reply for all your WhatsApp contacts; you can set a reply for specific messages. Ones that is done, you will need to enter the text you want to send as a reply.
- The next step is to add the receiver. If you’re trying to set up a reply for specific messages-this can be either on a WhatsApp group or a specific contact, the name needs to be exactly the same as it’s saved on your contact list. You can easily do that by just copying the contacts from your contact list and past it in the required section in the autoresponder App. Make sure to separate the contact names by a comma.